Official Review: My Rescue: The Way Out by Oluwaseun Oginni

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life by Dave Lamb

Official Review: My Rescue: The Way Out by Oluwaseun Oginni

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Rescue: The Way Out" by Oluwaseun Oginni.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Rescue: The Way Out by Oluwaseun Oginni is a non-fiction motivational guide to success and a happy life. The author shares numerous personal experiences to advise the reader on some methods that he/she can utilize to build a successful future for himself/herself. Through her simple and personal tone, the writer engages the reader in this book.

The author begins by outlining the book, saying that the word rescue in this guide is an acronym that stands for the six steps to success. The first step she discusses is realization, as she claims that it is important for people to acknowledge that they are in an unfavorable situation when they find themselves in a problem. The writer highlights that she was born in a financially privileged family where all her needs were met. However, she claims that after reaching adulthood she realized that she was not living to her full potential, as her father told her that she was too comfortable in her situation, so she acknowledged that she was losing control while thinking she was still in charge. She also adds that evaluating and assessing a situation is a necessary step to find a solution to a problem in someone’s life.

There were several positive characteristics in this guide. To be more precise, I appreciated the delegate structure of this book, as the writer followed a logical and rational flow in the text, giving the reader a clear vision of her points. Furthermore, the author engaged my attention, as she wrote in a free, simple, and interesting manner, adding excitement and emotion to the text. What I liked most about this book was that it was original, as the author shared her stories, experiences, and advice in a unique way.

What I disliked most about this guide was that it contained a few errors that undermined the author’s professionalism, meaning that it should go through another session of professional editing in the future.

This book is best suited for readers who enjoy reading guides from successful people. Female readers may prefer this book because the author writes from a woman’s perspective, sharing some experiences that women will understand better. Christian readers will enjoy this book more, as it has some verses from the Bible.

To conclude, I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. This is because it was originally written, exceptionally compiled, and beautifully structured. I did not give it a higher rating due to its errors.

My Rescue: The Way Out
View: on Bookshelves

Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Dominik_G »

Sounds like My Rescue: The Way Out is an inspirational and motivating book! Thank you for your review!

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by Elvis Best »

I enjoy reading self-help books about success. I'd check this one out. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Hollywood Marine by Stephen J Osborne

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Would definitely check this one out. Thanks for the review.

Samphilipo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samphilipo »

Short & comprehensive book review.Does 'delegate' have something to do with the double title of the book? Good reviews create questions.

JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: The Juicy Fruit Man by LaMar Going

Post by JeanyJean »

This is a very unique and intriguing self help book. The review is perfect and has done justice to the motivational book. I would love to read this book some day.

Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Wuoketch »

This is a captivating read. I'd like read more of, this encouraging and motivating book. Nice review.

Aditi sharma123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Aditi sharma123 »

Intriguing and self helper,encouraging and inspirational book. It consists of several positive points which seriously encourage you..

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”