Official Review: Wreckless Grace by Taylor D. Rambo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Official Review: Wreckless Grace by Taylor D. Rambo

Post by Dreamer80 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wreckless Grace" by Taylor D. Rambo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wreckless Grace by Taylor D. Rambo is an autobiography of a woman who goes from being reckless to the point of wrecking her life to attaining peace, solace, and grace. The author mentions her life’s turmoil, her traumas, her faults, and her flaws, and then connects them to her present learning experiences. She includes the abuse she went through, the effects of her broken family on her childhood, her consequent regretful choices, her experiences as a married woman, and a mother struggling to offer her child a better and safer environment.

Right off the bat, the narrative is tremendously engaging and reader-friendly. The author makes sure that the narrative is not monotonous, by presenting fluctuating tones while describing the scenarios. It is remarkably effortless to develop a very profound sense of emotional attachment with the author and the story. Along with this, the diversity of experiences provided with honest opinions and confessions made the book very much relatable.

The imagery presented was exceptionally vivid, I could imagine myself painting the antiques from the thrift shop that the author had acquired. The author provided metaphors in every walk of life, and they were wonderfully easy to comprehend. The language employed was very simple and straightforward with little to no extravagant vocabulary. The author additionally includes a blog post which was a very concise and summarized version of the author’s present point of view about life, and her outlook towards forgiveness.

The author refers and relates everything to her Christian beliefs. Being a religious person of a different religion, I thoroughly enjoyed the similarity in teachings, but I believe this took away the universal appeal from the book. Many of the experiences mentioned were very common, yet the solutions were predominantly based upon the faith which took away the touch of reality. Furthermore, halfway through the book, we are confronted with too much repetition. The author keeps on repeating the forgiveness agenda somehow in the same way which got boring over time.

Ignoring the minor nuisance mentioned, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, taking one star away because of the reasons mentioned above. I could not detect any error in the book, therefore it is safe to say it was professionally edited. There is a mention of sexual abuse right in the beginning, so parental guidance might be required for such a sensitive topic, although I believe children should be made aware of them. People looking for religious inspiration or guidance would enjoy reading it.

Wreckless Grace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Elvis Best
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: The Black Girl in the Classroom by Theodore Timms

Post by Elvis Best »

Wow, this sounds like a powerful story of triumph. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

An autobiography of a woman who went through many life struggles, yet conquered seems like a good read.
Your review was informative and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This book carries a very strong message for all. Thanks for the amazing review.
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

Each experience in life is a learning experience.We will sometimes make reckless mistakes but if we can correct them,our story changes.Nice review of this autobiography.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:

Post by Dreamer80 »

Patrick Maina1 wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 08:08 Each experience in life is a learning experience.We will sometimes make reckless mistakes but if we can correct them,our story changes.Nice review of this autobiography.
thankyou for reading!
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:

Post by Dreamer80 »

Priyanka2304 wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 01:17 This book carries a very strong message for all. Thanks for the amazing review.
thankyou for reading!
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:

Post by Dreamer80 »

Nath_chuks wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 03:46 An autobiography of a woman who went through many life struggles, yet conquered seems like a good read.
Your review was informative and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thank you so much for reading!
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:

Post by Dreamer80 »

Elvis Best wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 03:35 Wow, this sounds like a powerful story of triumph. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
Thanks a lot for reading!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”