Review by 1Avidreader0 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
1Avidreader0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1avidreader0.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by 1Avidreader0 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by 1Avidreader0 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I give the book Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery a rating of 4 stars out of 4. The book follows the life of Jorge, who as a young boy has had a fascination for business. Jorge started doing business at the age of 7 and he was entralled by the feeling of success that achieving his goals brought. He started off small and kept going towards bigger and better projects. He wanted to make his father proud.

He was always setting up new goals and achieving them. This caused him to believe he had no limits. He always succeeded in everything he set his mind to, so he would set near impossible goals for him to achieve. Then, a terrible winter storm came in and destroyed everything he had worked towards thus leaving him in ruins. Although, he had reached his limit, he found a way to get back on his feet working harder than he ever did before.

I rated this book 4 stars out of 4 because it was exceptionally well edited as there were no grammatical errors. Even though this book is an autobiography, it managed to retain my attention and teach me life lessons all at once. This book is tremendously inspiring and thought-provoking. I would recommend this book to anyone going through tough times as this book demonstrates that you can get back up after being put down.

In this book, there are mentions of racism, police brutality, social injustice, drugs, and betrayal. There are also some insults and mild language. The author of this book speaks up about situations he or people around him have gone through because of stereotypes or race. He talks about people not being given a chance to show the world that they can change and be a serving member of society.

Jorge P. Newbery wrote Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands with the intention of motivating, inspiring, and changing people's thought process. He has shown the world that he is able to work his way from the bottom despite having many obstacles in front of him. He made opportunities for himself and challenged himself both physically and mentally. He has experienced many opportunities and obstacles that not everybody has the chance to see. He wrote all of his life experiences in this book to show that to succeed you need hard work and a good attitude.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”