Review by docfatima -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by docfatima -- The Biblical Clock

Post by docfatima »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From time immemorial religion and science are at odds about the existence of God and His supernatural power. The human minds have debated since ages on whom to believe- in God or science? And so it seems the authors' Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon have created a common platform for the two to coexist in their manuscript The Biblical Clock. This is a non-fiction genre book linking theories of evolution given by religion and discovered by science with each other.

It may seem like a religious text as the title of the book claims about the untold secret linking the universe and humanity with God’s plan. And thus I was skeptical about reading this book at first, but what attracted me towards the book was the author himself; Daniel, who is the CEO of a Global Technology company and an avid religious student, convinced me he is the best person to answer the questions on the creation-evolution debate and the role of science and religion.

I would recommend reading the book from cover to cover, especially the note from the author and the reading guide where the author has specifically described the chronology of the book and also he has summarized the book in a chapter-wise fashion. It becomes easy to understand the author’s point of view and his research on the subject once we have read these sections before proceeding to the chapters.

There are three sections in this book. The first part is about the beginning and timelines of the universe discussed through the teachings of spiritual thinkers from 800 years till the present day. The second section is about the concept of “End of Days” proclaimed by the Jewish religious text. The third part is about the beginning of the universe, the first sin of Adam and its relation with the End of Days.

The chapters of the book begin with narratives from the Jewish religious history and then the author tries to match them with the scientific knowledge. For example, the Jewish religious texts and scholars called rabbi believe that the universe is around 6000 years old only. While scientists have calculated the age of the universe to be around 13.6 billion years. How is this possible? Here, Daniel offers his research and scientific theories and convinces us that religion and science are not on the opposite ends rather they are running parallel towards the same goal. Only we need to understand the deeper meaning of the religious texts. I will explain no further; read for yourself and enjoy the book.

My favorite part of the book is the chapter in which Daniel has created a fictional account of the future of humanity. Though it may seem biased to the non-Jewish readers this fictional future account is very relatable once you read the whole book. Also, it’s not about Christianity or Judaism, this book is about humanity. I am neither Christian nor Jew but still, I can relate to these teachings as ultimately all religions believe in God. This book addresses all those curious minds who want to know about the origin of the Universe, emergence of earth and the future of humanity once you overcome the prejudice created by the title.

There is no doubt about the professional editing of the book as Dania Sheldon is the recipient of the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence, Canada’s highest recognition in that profession. I would like to rate it a 4 out of 4 stars because I disliked nothing in this book. Though I do not support all the author’s opinion I liked his arguments that “history looks like a natural process under our control it to is God acting to bring his very precise plan to fulfillment.”

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I like you unique way of wrapping up the review. I also enjoyed reading your analysis of this book.
Good job!
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>

Post by docfatima »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 07:14 I like you unique way of wrapping up the review. I also enjoyed reading your analysis of this book.
Good job!
Thank you .
rwalkup
Currently Reading: The Copper Gauntlet
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwalkup.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by rwalkup »

The way he makes this book relate to all humanity instead of just a small audience is really interesting! Great review!
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

I've always believed that science and the bible fit each other very well. Thanks for your review.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
docfatima

Post by docfatima »

rwalkup wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 10:41 The way he makes this book relate to all humanity instead of just a small audience is really interesting! Great review!
Indeed this concept is interesting. Thank you.
docfatima

Post by docfatima »

drwcroaker wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 12:54 I've always believed that science and the bible fit each other very well. Thanks for your review.
I believe every religion has scientific reasons behind their practises, beliefs and rituals. So, yes I agree with you.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Ellylion »

I loved the most in this book the stories in the beginning of every chapter :) Also, was so interesting to learn about all the modern theories about Creation. Great review!
docfatima

Post by docfatima »

Ellylion wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 14:21 I loved the most in this book the stories in the beginning of every chapter :) Also, was so interesting to learn about all the modern theories about Creation. Great review!
Thank you.
Jeffr23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeffr23 »

Good review, it would be interesting to see how the author would explain his religion and science can co exist
Funtevre
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Funtevre »

I would have to imagine certain biblical stories would be hard to mesh with science, it would be cool to see.
docfatima

Post by docfatima »

Jeffr23 wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 20:27 Good review, it would be interesting to see how the author would explain his religion and science can co exist
This is what the book is all about. Enjoy it. Thank you for appreciating
docfatima

Post by docfatima »

Funtevre wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 21:33 I would have to imagine certain biblical stories would be hard to mesh with science, it would be cool to see.
This book will surprise you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”