Official Review: Mr. Prosecutor by terry jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Official Review: Mr. Prosecutor by terry jones

Post by Jsovermyer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mr. Prosecutor" by terry jones.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

They called him “Mr. Prosecutor,” and he represented the people. Terry Jones worked for more than twenty years as the Prosecuting Attorney for the 4th Judicial District of the State of Arkansas. This book is the true story of the cases he prosecuted during his time in office. Some of the stories are hilarious. Some are brutal and disgusting. He holds nothing back. Mr. Prosecutor by Terry Jones Esq. is a true crime and courtroom drama that is honest, blunt, and thoroughly entertaining. As Mr. Jones says, “The cases described here are authentic, although some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent, or the stupid, or because I could not remember who the hell they were.”

Each chapter tells of a new case. There are drug deals, child abuse, neighborly arguments, and even murder. His biggest case was the sensational Arkansas murder trial of Billie Jean Phillips in 1997. Win or lose, Mr. Jones gives the facts of each case and their outcome. He has a definite good sense of humor. He also cared about each client and wanted justice for them. However, sometimes a jury was not convinced, and the guilty person would go free on a technicality or would get a light sentence. Those cases were heartbreaking for Terry.

My favorite story was about an 85-year-old grandma complaining about the neighbor’s dog digging in her flower beds. She had talked to the owner, but the dog just kept coming back. Friends said she should shoot the dog. But she couldn’t do that because her grandchildren would see and she was a church-going woman. Then she let out a string of profanity about what that dog was doing to her tulips that made the author blush. It was hilarious.

What I liked least about the book was the outcome wasn’t revealed in a few cases. I wanted to know how much jail time was given as punishment and all of the details. In most cases, the author gave the details, but a few were not as complete as I would have liked. I also found some minor grammatical errors in the book, but these small problems were hardly noticeable.

I recommend this book to any reader who likes crime drama, murder mysteries, or courtroom stories. This book is for adults only as there are several intense sexual situations and some strong profanity. There is also child abuse, rape, and graphic murder. Terry Jones has seen it all and tells it all in this memoir. This book was so fascinating that I wanted to give it a perfect rating. But because of the grammatical errors, I had to take off a point. I am awarding Mr. Prosecutor by Terry Jones Esq. 3 out of 4 stars. Now that the author has retired, I hope he will consider writing more books about the crimes he has prosecuted. I’m sure he has more stories he could tell.

Mr. Prosecutor
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

“The cases described here are authentic, although some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent, or the stupid, or because I could not remember who the hell they were.”
with this I can already say this will be a good read, the author will infill the book with humor and I love that.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Crime and murder mystery thrills me with many aberrations. The suspense is what I love most of such books, nice review
Bjm777
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bjm777 »

This review grabbed my attention and causes me to want to read the book, to see things and situations from the perspective of a prosecutor, which appears exciting to me
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Wow, what a great review! I could easily see the story through the review. The title of the book interested me as well, so I am hoping to read this book pretty soon.
Sinto19
Favorite Author: Van Fleisher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
fav_author_id: 96689

Post by Sinto19 »

Wow, what a great review! I could easily see the story through the review. The title of the book interested me as well, so I am hoping to read this book pretty soon.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

It was a great book and I think you will enjoy it.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

This book is the true story of the cases he prosecuted during his time in office
I'm a fan of true stories. Nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”