Official Review: Yellowstone's Child: by Charles Liebert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Yellowstone's Child: by Charles Liebert

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Yellowstone's Child:" by Charles Liebert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yellowstone's Child, by Charles Liebert, chiefly follows the Grahams and Sarah Johanson. Sam and Gloria Graham were chicken farmers, and they had a daughter named Sally, who was ten years old. Soon, they lost Sally to an illness, and after a while, trying to get over Sally's demise, they planned to visit Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.

Meanwhile, the Johansons, which include Michael and Angie Johanson as well as their ten-year-old daughter, Sarah, were planning a family reunion, and they chose to reunite in Yellowstone National Park. As they all were there, Sarah and some of her cousins went to see a river and in the process, fell into it. The others got out, but Sarah got injured, became unconscious, and drifted downstream.

Sam and Gloria saw Sarah and took her to their cabin. Later, Sarah woke up without her memory. Sam wanted to try to reach Sarah's parents, but Gloria suggested that they should take Sarah home and make her be Sally. Afterwards, they discovered that Gloria's late father set up a trust for late Sally, which she was supposed to access when she reached age eighteen. Would the Grahams succeed in keeping Sarah as Sally forever?

Yellowstone's Child is quite fascinating. Having many intriguing events, it's easy to read and unputdownable, and consisting of 178 pages, it's a quick and worthwhile read. Though it has many tragedies and secrets, it's captivating; those features help to move the plot forward in an interesting manner. Besides, I like the way the author used dates to put the story together. Full of drama and investigation, it's a good novel, and I enjoyed reading it. Also, the colored pictures in it make it more engaging.

Containing some simple and important definitions of some words, this fast-paced book is quite enlightening. Moreover, it includes Sarah's teenagehood and adult life, involving her school and career experiences. Furthermore, regarding profanity, I saw just one profane word, and there are no sexual scenes.

However, I noticed several repetitions of details, which were tiresome to me sometimes. I think that repeating what a reader has learned of in the previous pages is unnecessary. In addition, though the tale is suspenseful, the author sometimes mentions some future events, and that kind of spoils a few parts. Readers who don't like books with the above features may want to skip this one. Again, there are several grammar errors and typos, such as "As her panic rose, he felt like she was going to be sick to her stomach." and "When i"m finished...." While they did not stop me from enjoying the book, the author should try to send it for professional editing to fix them.

Concerning the characters, they are well described and lifelike. The author provides enough information about them to make them relatable, both the main and supporting characters. Sarah, one of the protagonists, is intelligent and multitalented. She is mainly involved in acting and singing.

Altogether, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower because it's compelling and educational, and I couldn't give it 4 stars because of the flaws stated above. Pre-teen and teenage readers will enjoy it.

Yellowstone's Child:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

This sounds like a good book to read if you are looking for something short and still compelling. Thank you for the insightful review.
cyriladavan
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyriladavan.html
Latest Review: Just Another Day by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by cyriladavan »

This book has a strong and interesting mix of motivations despite having seen similar plots before. One, an opportunity to ease the grief and longing of a mother for her child. Two, the financial aspect. But I have yet to see if the first motivation is believable.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Hopefully, the error can be corrected to make it a perfect read. Thanks for the amazing review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”