Review by Lynch kobe -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lynch kobe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynch-kobe.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Review by Lynch kobe -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lynch kobe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is a non-fiction book by Jorge P. Newbery. The book starts by shedding lights on Jorge's childhood of how he started working at the age 7, had a business up and running at age 11, his first major business model was an ice cream trike and he futher engaged in a busboy work at age 13 then advanced to hosting concerts at age 17. Further, it talks about his olympic dreams and how he rode with elites months after leaving starter level dubbed as "Fred" and also when he got to wear the green shirt. However he wanted a long-lasting source of income and he further thrived in the real-estate sector, where he got a major success and could boast of 4000 homes sprawling across the USA. But one natural disaster was enough to bring him to a $26 million debt. A new burn zone arose.

The book is such an awesome read, one point I got motivated, sad, happy and emotional. The book is emotionally packed. I got inspired by Jorge's goal setting techniques, hard work and determination. Whenever he accomplishes one goal he moves on to another. The book seems to be perfect in my opinion, the author's writing style too was awesome, he was conscious enough not to dwell on a story for too long, he'd always move on to another, it added a bit of spark and never made the book boring. One of my favourite part of the book was when Jorge highlighted Bobbi brat lyrics of salvation train, the lyric reads

(" Save me a seat on that salvation train
Open up the gates, I’m coming in from the rain
No more sorrow, no more pain
Save me a seat on that salvation train
I close my eyes and I hear the angels sing, I close my eyes and hear and see the light of their heavenly wings").

I was so touched by the lyrics, that's one reason I mentioned that the book is emotionally packed. Everything Jorge highlighted in the book seem relevant, from his early days when he was a boy, his teenage years and of course his adult years where he came across new struggles or rather burn zones, it such an amazing experience reading them.

Owning to the fact I disliked nothing about the book I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the book was well edited, I noticed no typo nor error. More so, it was a smooth read and it's also one to compliment the author's knowledge on writing. Further, this book would best suit those who have genuine interest for entrepreneurship as the books shed some lights on Entrepreneurship and I'd also recommend it to teenagers and young adults because Jorge's story on cycling is so captivating and inspiring.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”