Official Review: Findin9 H2OM3. by Jameson B Grant

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Findin9 H2OM3. by Jameson B Grant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Findin9 H2OM3. by Jameson B Grant

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Findin9 H2OM3." by Jameson B Grant.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

FINDING H2OM3 SON of MAN around the moon and back again is a memoir written by Jameson B. Grant. In this book, the author shares his life experiences, his passion, and his beliefs.

Jameson's mother was born in Ecuador and moved to the United States as a young lady. Jameson was brought up by his mother, aunt, and grandmother. He was attracted to Hollywood and aspired to be an actor. He acted in many shows and had the privilege of meeting some famous stars whom he idolized. Jameson was interested in airplanes and served as a flight attendant in various chartered airlines. His passion for acting and travel took him around the globe. The author narrates all the experiences he had during his flying and acting career. He concludes the book by emphasizing on loving your fellowmen and believing in God. The fact that his optimism and faith in God were able to guide him through life and save him from death several times is the highlight of the book.

What I liked most about the book is the positive aura it creates. The author believes that he is God's chosen one and has a purpose in life. This belief made him an empathetic person, and he could accept everything as his destiny. His perspective is always positive, and he believes that everything in life has a pattern. The author speaks about the times he reached rock bottom due to alcohol and drug addiction. His faith in God helped him to bounce back in life and rehabilitate. Throughout the book, the author quotes beautiful examples and thoughts about loving others and embracing life.

There are a few aspects of the book that I did not concur. The author desperately tries to prove that there is a connection between himself and the movie stars he idolizes. He also uses numerology to explain the relationship between the main dates and events in his life. I found this vague and difficult to understand. The book describes certain aspects in too much detail that add little value to the story. For example, the detailed geography of Ireland, the United States, and the Equator were redundant. Also, the history of the Smithsonian Institution was too elaborate. I felt these chapters created unnecessary deviation from the main storyline. I also found quite a few grammatical errors in the book. I deduct one star for the above reasons and give it 3 out of 4 stars.

The book is well-written and fast-paced. It has links to several YouTube videos that the author urges us to visit so that we can experience the book better. These require the reader to have an e-device to browse them. The book has a fair amount of profanity, so I recommend it only to adults. Those who like traveling, flying, or are interested in Hollywood may find it more appealing. The optimism in the book is contagious, and I think I am a more positive person now than I was before reading this book.

Findin9 H2OM3.
View: on Bookshelves

LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: The Albatross: Contact by Connor Mackay
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Whilst I like the stated optimistic drive, I am not much into memoirs. And the 'God' themes I would struggle with too.

Thank you for such a thorough and beautifully written review! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”