Official Review: Progressives in America 1900-2020

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Official Review: Progressives in America 1900-2020

Post by Ballbender »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Progressives in America 1900-2020" by David Wagner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I chose to review Progressives in America 1900-2020 because it informs me about the rife in America with considerations to progressives. The aim of progressive is to define the interests and challenges of the people and represent the ordinary man. Progressives are to liberate the individual and society from America’s heritage. Progressives have a significant impact on the political discussion, especially in areas such as improving health care, attacking climate change, and healing and remediating social justice issues. This can be done through political change and the backing of government actions. Will progressivism make an essential difference in the American economy? Or will it fail in the American political economy? You will find out when after reading this historical book.

Progressives in America 1900-2020 by David Wagner is a historical book that takes a significant look into progressivism in America. This book briefly highlights how progressives have differed throughout the years. The author gives an insight into the Cold War and the progressive party of 1948. The write also offers an authentic look at the present political system in America and relates them to progressive and liberalism.

First of all, I must say that upon completion of this book, I was happy to gain knowledge of American politics. I liked the fact that the writer was accurate in his historical descriptions. The book is 176 pages long and consists of 6 chapters. My favorite is chapter 6 because Wagner gives the reader his concluding opinion of progressivism relating to the past and our present day.

I enjoyed the narrative of the presidential primary election between Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton. He explained that Obama won the polls because of his charismatic style. The author relates Obama’s regime to progressive. Wagner did an excellent job of educating the reader on radicals. The book focused on progressive, but we must know what movements and political efforts have been more successfully progressive in the past.

I like this book because the author did an excellent job of explaining the importance of progressives in the American Society. The language used was straightforward, and in this manner, it was easy to understand. There was nothing I disliked about this book. The concepts are easy to comprehend and neatly summarized. There is always some level of difficulty in writing historical books. The author wrote this book with a high degree of originality in the content. This non-fiction book is eloquently written and exceptionally edited. I didn't find any errors. It is my pleasure to rate Progressives in America 1900-2020 4 out of 4 stars. This book is recommended for anyone who wants to develop their vocations in politics. It also applies to anyone who likes to know more about the political history of America. To my knowledge, progressive does not make everyone happy. There must be critics and will be contradicted by conservatives and lefties.

Progressives in America 1900-2020
View: on Bookshelves

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by Christieee »

This seems to be a very educative piece. It’s a relief that the author made it brief and concise.
Thanks for the insightful review.

_Lindsey_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey.html
Latest Review: The Future Is by Carroll Grabham

Post by _Lindsey_ »

This book sounds like an excellent educational experience for anyone interested in American politics. It’s good to have detailed explanations surrounding a country’s systems. Thanks for the review.

Topsey
Currently Reading: Quietus in the Garden of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: Tujunga by Carlos Alvarado

Post by Topsey »

What a great review for this book. I’m sure it is very informative and a great read to gain insight especially in times such as these.

Tonika632
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Tonika632 »

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of historical books. This one is not for me. But your review is amazing!

Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Usma Khann »

The novel's premise sounds interesting, especially to historians and politicians. I may find it a little dry. Appreciate the insightful review though.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:

Orizon
Currently Reading: The Adults in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Orizon »

This seems like an history book to read. And your review is awesome. The history make us value the service of people and leaders of the country.

Dollybomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dollybomi.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Dollybomi »

Educative review. Would love to read this once given the opportunity. Great work done in the book and on the review.

prospero360
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 144
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prospero360.html
Latest Review: Massacre Rocks by Dave Lundgren

Post by prospero360 »

Although the book seems educative and well-executed, I'm not really into politics and historical nonfiction novels. Maybe I will try this one sometime in the future. Nice review.

BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by BookBoyP »

The political system of America has its complications. I'm glad this book delves you into it and the author delivers. It'll be a great read for me.

LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: The Albatross: Contact by Connor Mackay
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

It certainly sounds like an interesting perspective with lots of food for thought. I'll tuck it away in my shelf for a some cold winter nights :)

Thank you for such a thorough review! :)

Tochukwu Godson
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

This book touches on one of the primary elements in American politics. Nice review.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Model Marine
Bookshelf Size: 394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Muley by Monty Marks

Post by kdstrack »

I thought you did a good job of explaining the premise of the book. The author helps readers educate themselves about our politics. Thanks for your informative review.
Latest Review: Muley by Monty Marks

Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Fernando222 »

Your take on this book seems as strong as that of the author. I agree that Progressives should be what we live to accomplish. It's just that America, as well as other nations, are made up of self-centred entities. Your review is quite detailed.

Nerea
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 166
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: In Love In Liverpool by Marion Manvell

Post by Nerea »

A non-political historical book would work well for me. But I like that the contents in the book are original and eloquently written with no trace of grammatical errors. I love your analysis of the book in your review. Good job.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”