Official Review: The Rapture, Now What?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 359
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: Overcoming my life's battles by Adie O.

Official Review: The Rapture, Now What?

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Rapture, Now What?" by Rev Robert Lee Baldwin Jr..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For those questioning world events after the biblical rapture occurs, Rev Robert Lee Baldwin Jr. provides relevant answers and direction in his guide, The Rapture, Now What? While some readers may be familiar with similar events in the fictional Left Behind series, Baldwin examines the biblical account from a non-fiction perspective. Throughout the book, Baldwin forewarns readers regarding the upcoming disappearance of millions of people, noting that the one thing that those who are raptured will have in common: their belief and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. He passionately urges readers to accept Christ and to research the scriptures while offering guidance for the coming tribulation.

Baldwin states that his purpose in writing this 100-page book is to aid those who are left behind and "...lay it all out on the table for them to know and realize what has happened and what will happen over the course of the next seven years." True to his goal, Baldwin refers to scriptures to establish a timeline of events, including those preceding the rapture. Although the topic of the rapture and its timing is controversial even among Christians, this type of explanatory book seems like a viable resource for those who are seeking answers. As a Christian myself, I can see its value for both believers and non-believers.

I have noticed that just as readers prefer certain genres over others, Christians tend to differ in their approach to reading the Bible. Some readers find comfort in reading Jesus's words and applying them to daily life while others enjoy analyzing and interpreting different portions of scriptures. Since I do not fall into the latter category, I especially appreciate Baldwin's efforts to simplify the foreshadowing of biblical events. His writing is straightforward and easy to understand as he explains events from the book of Revelation, including the "sevens": seals, trumpets, vials, and dooms.

On the other hand, I am not a fan of repetitious content. Baldwin provides an overview of the tribulation in the third chapter and then takes a deeper look at the same events in subsequent chapters. In all fairness, many Bible studies follow a similar format, and likely, some readers may enjoy this approach. However, I prefer to contemplate what I read rather than rereading similar content.

Although the book has an organized and professional appearance, it needs another round of editing. The number of grammatical errors throughout the book necessitates the deduction of a star. Overall, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to Christian readers who want to share the book with loved ones. It will also appeal to anyone interested in learning more about the rapture and the tribulation. However, I would not recommend the book to those who dislike reading scriptures.

The Rapture, Now What?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Elvis Best »

Christians will love reading this book, as it seems like the author knows what he's talking about. I do hope the author can revise it and reduce the number of errors in it though. Thanks for the thorough review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by Christieee »

Books on rapture do not really appeal to me as I find them scary. Christians who share the belief with the author, however, might enjoy this book.
An insightful review, thank you.

LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: The Albatross: Contact by Connor Mackay
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

The title brought me here :) But having realised that the book has a strong religious undertone, I now know it is not for me.

But I always enjoy reading your professionally written reviews! Thank you! :)

carnation+99
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by carnation+99 »

i am a christian and truly speaking i have always been scared of this topic of rapture especially when i have dreams or visions of it , but currently that fear has been going down due to understanding more of the word and scriptures too with revelations .This is a book i would love to read so i could know more about it , i would also love to spread the word and to those who are not saved to be saved and found in Christ. this is a perfect book to read and i will also recommend it to my friends and family too than you .

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Elvis Best wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 17:13
Christians will love reading this book, as it seems like the author knows what he's talking about. I do hope the author can revise it and reduce the number of errors in it though. Thanks for the thorough review.
Thank you for your comment.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Christieee wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 04:32
Books on rapture do not really appeal to me as I find them scary. Christians who share the belief with the author, however, might enjoy this book.
An insightful review, thank you.
Thanks for your comment.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

LinaJan wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:27
The title brought me here :) But having realised that the book has a strong religious undertone, I now know it is not for me.

But I always enjoy reading your professionally written reviews! Thank you! :)
Thanks for your kind words.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

carnation+99 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 13:42
i am a christian and truly speaking i have always been scared of this topic of rapture especially when i have dreams or visions of it , but currently that fear has been going down due to understanding more of the word and scriptures too with revelations .This is a book i would love to read so i could know more about it , i would also love to spread the word and to those who are not saved to be saved and found in Christ. this is a perfect book to read and i will also recommend it to my friends and family too than you .
Thanks for your comment.

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The review was amazing. Reminded me of the movie Revelation.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Priyanka2304 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 21:35
The review was amazing. Reminded me of the movie Revelation.
Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”