Review by Levihoffman -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Levihoffman
Currently Reading: Hillbilly Elegy
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-levihoffman.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Levihoffman -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Levihoffman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newberry is a stunningly captivating tale documenting the life of Jorge Newberry, a man that had a mind for business from the young age of seven. Burn Zones follows Jorge as he forges his empire from a paperboy to the owner of over 4,000 pieces of real estate across the country. It follows him through fantastic triumph and great loss and is full of both motivation and positive messages. He enlightens readers of the “burn zones” that separate the successful from the unsuccessful. Each of these burn zones forces you beyond the normal pace of life, where you have to struggle through the pain until the pace once again steadies. When it’s over, you find yourself not only free of the conflict but typically with a reward.

What I liked most about the book was how eloquently written it was. You could clearly discern the writer’s intelligence through the word choice throughout the book. Something I liked equally as much as the quality of the writing was the story. The book had me invested in Newberry’s story from start to finish, and there was hardly a dull moment. You felt his hardships and his victories. The tale was rigorously motivating, and when I finished the book I felt as though I could jump up and start a real estate empire of my own.

If I had to point out something about the book that I disliked, I would hesitantly choose the focus on bicycle racing for a sizable chunk of the story. However, that is just a personal preference as that subject is not as interesting to me. It was a significant part of his life, and the continued metaphor of burn zones being times of hardship is beautifully utilized. If he hadn't given that focus on his experiences in bike racing, readers would be unexposed to this brilliant metaphor that is relevant to people from all walks of life.

Burn Zones, in my opinion, is best suited for a more mature audience. It lacks the superficial action that draws the attention and interest of more juvenile audiences. The story is more likely to be thoroughly appreciated by those captivated by the world of business, but the inspirational messages are relevant to anyone looking for motivation or a gripping comeback story.

Altogether, Burn Zones was a fantastic book. It was articulately written, delivered a gripping story, and left me feeling perfectly content when I finished it. In addition, it was very well edited, so there were no errors or typos to distract from the story. These earn the book an overall score of 4 out of 4 stars. It was a phenomenal book and deserves this perfect score.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”