Review by mrob371 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrob371
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrob371.html
Latest Review: An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

Review by mrob371 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by mrob371 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands
By
Jorge P. Newbery

Jorge Newbery started out always wanting more. He never gave up even after life gave him just about everything that it could throw at him. Describing the toughest areas in life as “burn zones”, his book tells the story of how he overcame what would have broken most average people, over and over. The term “burn zones” come from him being a top cyclist and hitting the zone, which needs immense effort and parts the winners and the losers in a race.

Jorge Newbery got his first job at seven and started his first business at the age of 11 with his parents help and continually strived for more. As he grew older, his thoughts were to build his financial wealth and to help as many people as he could fix their financial lives. I rate this book a 4 out of 4. This book had excellent grammar and editing with zero errors. The book contained one use of profanity on page 154.

What I liked most about this book was the way he wrote about his dedication and time with the residents and property at Woodland Meadows. He had such passion for everyone and helped so many people turn their lives around. It was like a family or a contained city in itself. The programs he wrote about and the people that he employed, especially the care he took of the residents, when he didn’t have to. I particularly enjoyed learning about John Gregory and the TEACH program. There was also some humor in the book about his parents in the beginning when Jorge was still living at home during the music phase of his life and a few band members ended up at his parents home for the night. The bond he had with his father was very touching, as was the nickname his father had for him.

What I disliked most about the book was that Jorge didn’t talk about his wife much. He briefly mentions her towards the end of the book. I would have really enjoyed getting to know more about her in the book and learning about her life and how they met. At some points the book is also slightly wordy and very descriptive but that is needed to get an accurate picture of some parts of what is going on in Jorge’s life at that point.

Burn Zone: Playing Life’s Bad Hands would be of interest to anyone who likes a good book about the underdogs, hard workers, entrepreneurs and those with determination and drive in life. It was an extremely good read and would show anyone that the school of hard knocks is not necessarily a bad place to learn from. Being an athlete of any type also teaches you how to press on and Jorge shows this over and over.

Jorge Newbery is an amazing author, athlete and investor and fought a hard fight to come back from financial ruin. He is obviously extremely driven and devoted to everything he does. As quoted from the book, “Get ready to enter your Burn Zone”.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”