Official Review: Feeling Good, by Cheryl Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 340
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Official Review: Feeling Good, by Cheryl Meyer

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Feeling Good," by Cheryl Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An age-old adage says, “Health is Wealth.” This adage embodies the belief that nothing is of utmost importance than our health. Cheryl Meyer has an extensive understanding of this ideology, and the process needed to imbibe it in our lives. She thoroughly infuses all her wisdom into this nonfiction book titled Feeling Good: Living Low Toxin in Community and Everyday Life. In this book, you will discover the elements needed for a healthy and productive life.

The book is neatly structured and divided into nine parts with thirty-one chapters. Part One discusses the vital elements of a long life. The intricacies of food qualities are explained in Part Two. Part Three and Four give a detailed explanation of how the author handles her diet in restaurants and during travel vacations. In Part Five and Six, Cheryl Meyer evaluates the need for self-care and the importance of nature. The remaining parts focus on the need for practical hygiene at home, how to maintain our children’s health, and proper pet care tips. Read to understand how these sections are intertwined in several ways to make us feel good.

The concepts in this book are not just innovative but admirable. The author leaves no stone unturned in wrapping up the fundamental truths about our body systems. Although the author writes from a personal view, her passion for good health emanates from an in-depth tendency to avoid illness and live a healthy, productive, and sustainable life. What I love the most about the book is that it is easy to read and assimilate, and it is highly educational.

We live in a world dominated by technology, pollution, and millions of other things that produce unnecessary toxins that shorten our lifespan. Cheryl Meyer's book is useful and instrumental in navigating the path to a clean organic life. I enjoyed reading about her extensive travel experiences and how she maintained her healthy diet in Chapter Nine. Also, I enjoyed the hilarious illustrations at the beginning of every chapter.

The author's writing style is engaging. The knowledge in this book is incredibly vast and commendable. The takeaways at the beginning of each chapter aided my understanding. I liked the fact that the author wrote extensively about pets and intermixed her experiences with imperative quotes and suggestions from doctors. Expertise suggestions are sprinkled all over the book. That shows that it is not just impeccably researched but also possesses valuable sources.

The startling thing about this book is the revelations of what constitutes toxins for both humans and animals. I finished the book with a refreshed mindset. Therefore, I am rating Feeling Good: Living Low Toxin in Community and Everyday Life 4 out of 4 stars because it is very informative. Also, the book is professionally edited because I found a few grammatical errors that did not impede my reading experience.

Furthermore, there is nothing I dislike about this book. The key to a healthy life and overall wellness starts with us. This book will appeal to people who wish to make good and healthy choices in life.

In the author’s word, “We are what we eat, but the basic problem is that we have no idea what we are eating.”

Feeling Good,
View: on Bookshelves

gabrielletiemi
Currently Reading: Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielletiemi.html

Post by gabrielletiemi »

This book seems to be really good for everybody, we often don't have healthy lifestyles and it harms our body. Thanks for the great review!

Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Ballbender »

This is an educative book. Health is wealth. Therefore, we must take proper care of our health. It's essential to live a healthy lifestyle. The review is impressive.

Orizon
Currently Reading: The Adults in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Orizon »

The book is quite informative. Health is wealth and what we eat makes a difference. What a nice review you have in here.

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Elvis Best »

Health is a very important topic for me. I'd definitely pick this book up. Thanks for your honest review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Thea Frederick »

This sounds like a great resource! Thanks so much for taking the time to review this nook.
-Thea M. Frederick

Angelicarodri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angelicarodri »

This is a very good book that informs us about healthy foods

Claris L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claris-l.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Claris L »

I don't read a lot of books on health, but this one sounds like a great resource and something I'll pick up in the future. Thanks for the review!

Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

gabrielletiemi wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 10:18
This book seems to be really good for everybody, we often don't have healthy lifestyles and it harms our body. Thanks for the great review!
Thank you for stopping by. The book is really nice. I gained alot

Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Thea Frederick wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 01:19
This sounds like a great resource! Thanks so much for taking the time to review this nook.
You are welcome. Thank you for stopping by.

Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Claris L wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 17:13
I don't read a lot of books on health, but this one sounds like a great resource and something I'll pick up in the future. Thanks for the review!
You will enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by.

Prince Chime
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-chime.html
Latest Review: Nigeria: The 'Giant'... by Dele Owolowo

Post by Prince Chime »

I should give this book a reading experience. Having battled with personal health crisis I've learned in practical terms that health is indeed wealth. I once read a quote that said "if you loose your health chasing wealth, you spend your wealth getting healthy."
Amazing review.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
:)

Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Prince Chime wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 03:26
I should give this book a reading experience. Having battled with personal health crisis I've learned in practical terms that health is indeed wealth. I once read a quote that said "if you loose your health chasing wealth, you spend your wealth getting healthy."
Amazing review.
You will enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by.

Okpako Ovie Wisdom
Currently Reading: The Power Of A Mother
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okpako-ovie-wisdom.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Okpako Ovie Wisdom »

This book seems to worth the effort to read. I will give it a try!

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The concept of the book was very much predictable from its title. I love reading such books.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”