Review by Claire Katen -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Claire Katen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-katen.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Review by Claire Katen -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Claire Katen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newberry’s novel, Burn Zones, is the true story of Newberry’s successes and struggles in life. He offers his advice on how to succeed in life, and how to get through “burn zones.” Newberry’s valuable advice, inspirational story, and excellent editing makes Burn Zones deserving of no less than four out of four stars.

This novel follows Newberry’s life from his childhood until he is a middle-aged adult and tells of all the triumphs and failures in between. Newberry began his entrepreneurial career at a very young age when after selling newspapers for some time he decided to start his own ice cream selling business. From there, his successes pile up, from renting out concert stages to becoming a world-class bicyclist, and while he does hit tough spots, he always seems to come out just fine. Until Newberry takes a too big risk and refuses to back down from the challenge. Until all of his successes seem worthless because he is twenty-six million dollars in debt. This struggle forces Newberry to show just how much perseverance and motivation he truly has, even when things are not going his way.

Newberry’s dedicated and hard-working personality makes this a truly inspiring story, and the inspirational factor was easily one of my favorite aspects of the book. Newberry shows the reader how working hard pays off, and how taking big risks can lead to astronomical success in life. Newberry also shows that when it seems like your life is going downhill it can always be turned around, and you can end up on top again.

The only flaw I found with this novel is that the ending to Newberry’s debt story seemed a bit rushed, and it could have been explained and described in more detail. This issue is very minor and did not have a significant impact on my enjoyment of the book.

This novel is a must-read for adults of all ages and can be enjoyable for older teenagers as well. Younger teens would likely not find this novel as enjoyable as they most likely are not yet responsible for their finances. Newberry also uses some mature language, making this novel unsuitable for younger children. This book was also exceptionally well-edited, and I found no spelling or grammatical errors.

Although Burn Zones does have a couple of minor flaws, all flaws are small enough that they are barely noticeable and do not impact the reader's ability to enjoy this novel. I highly recommend this novel, and I believe that reading Newberry’s story can inspire many people to pursue high aspirations in their lives.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”