Official Review: Full Circle: A Memoir by Pamela Lombana

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: Full Circle: A Memoir by Pamela Lombana

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Full Circle: A Memoir" by Pamela Lombana.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"I am a bird in a gilded cage, and the key has been lost." Those were the harrowing words that summed up Pamela's life amid her turbulent marriage to an alcoholic. Full Circle: A Memoir is an emotionally-charged memoir penned by Pamela Lombana that tugged at my heartstrings. Pamela unabashedly pours her heart out as she recounts the fear and anguish she and her children endured at the hands of her ex-husband, Fernando, and the toll it took on each of them.

Despite the continued strife and the plight of being married to an angry alcoholic, Pamela emphasized the importance of celebrating the happy times, even though they were few and far between. But no amount of positivity could uphold a marriage plagued by addiction. Eventually, she hit rock bottom, and she finally found the courage to leave with the kids. Leaving everything that she had known, she would face additional challenges as a newly single mother.

There were many things that I loved about this book, but my favorite was witnessing the evolution of Pamela's character through her candid writing. The cycle of abuse can wear a person down and leave them feeling depleted. Over the years, Fernando's controlling and belittling behavior wreaked havoc on Pamela's confidence. While she was once an outgoing woman with hopes and dreams, being married to Fernando stripped her of her identity and left her feeling like a shell of the woman she once was. She could have easily plummeted into a dark depression, and let fear immobilize her. Still, she was able to climb out of her proverbial rut and be the mother that her children needed. I think it showed immense strength on her part to start over with nothing but the clothes on their backs and some grocery money she had squirreled away.

Another thing that inspired me was Pamela's drive to succeed despite her dire situation. Often finding herself jobless and out of money, she remained steadfast in her belief that her hard work would pay off. Eventually, she would be able to enjoy the fruits of her labor. She was a devoted mother to her children and emphasized the importance of gratitude. No matter what their days brought them, they would all recount something positive about their day at dinner time. While the kids often went without, it never felt like it because Pamela fostered a feeling positivity. One of their favorite family sayings was, "I love my life!" Through positive affirmations and faith, the family thrived. The kids saw her fall down, but she always got back up.

Pamela's writing exceeded my expectations; not only did she write eloquently, but the book was free of errors, which was the cherry on top. Full Circle: A Memoir was professionally edited, and I am delighted to give it a rating of four out of four stars.

Full Circle: A Memoir is the kind of book that makes you feel as if you can rise up and overcome anything you set your mind to. If life has got you down and you're stuck in the dark, this book is your beacon of light! Pamela's story would be an excellent resource for anyone in an abusive marriage or a family member struggling with an addiction. Due to offensive language and some unsettling scenes, I would not recommend the book to young readers.

Full Circle: A Memoir
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

It is always a nice bonus to enjoy reading a book when it is also free from errors! Thanks for the recommendation.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Cecilia_L wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 12:33 It is always a nice bonus to enjoy reading a book when it is also free from errors! Thanks for the recommendation.
Yes, absolutely! Thanks.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book has a beautiful plot. Pamela seems to be a strong woman, overcoming her difficulties with positivity. A pretty inspirational story. Thanks for the great review!
Stephanie Elizabeth

gabrielletiemi wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 05:42 This book has a beautiful plot. Pamela seems to be a strong woman, overcoming her difficulties with positivity. A pretty inspirational story. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for reading and commenting :)
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Hmmm. I felt a type of way reading this review. I also acknowledge that I'm proud of Pamela's strength and resilience. This is a beautiful review.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

This plot seems to portray abuse, family chaos, and shattered relationships. Pamela needs to stay strong for the sake of survival and her children. I enjoyed your review.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Adanna Inya wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 11:12 Hmmm. I felt a type of way reading this review. I also acknowledge that I'm proud of Pamela's strength and resilience. This is a beautiful review.
Thank you :)
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I admire Pamela's desire to dwell in the positive side of life despite being plagued by a hard moments in her marriage. She's indeed a role model.
Great review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Glad to know Pamela didn't give in to abuse. Her journey of struggle and finding hope will be a fun read.
Sandy16
Favorite Book: Lost in the reflecting pool
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandy16.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sandy16 »

What an amazing book review. I am intrigued to read about Pamela’s full circle. The idea that she rose above the situation at hand, as well as teaching her children to do the same. She could have fallen into a depression and taken her children down with her. I wonder if this book could be used in a counseling group for women who do rise above?
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

I am intrigued by the strength portrayed by Pamela's strength. Having been in such a marriage I understand the strength she had to gather to leave. Am impressed how she has taught her children to maintain a positive attitude at all times. The review of this book is very interesting. It has made me feel like I should actually buy and read the book

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”