Review by Worshipfull_Heart -- Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Worshipfull_Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-worshipfull-heart.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Review by Worshipfull_Heart -- Burn Zones

Post by Worshipfull_Heart »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge Newberry

Jorge Newberry was born in Los Angeles, California in 1973 to a British actress and an Argentinian man. Even as a child, Jorge expressed keen interest and talent in business, gaining a job at the early age of seven. And as the years passed, he quickly moved up in his career game of life, leaving high school at the age of 16. Even though he sailed through school without a hitch, encountered new challenges as he explored different careers, he rarely ever failed when he set his mind to accomplish a task. That is until an ice storm hits a housing complex he is renovating in Columbus, Ohio, and Jorge, now in his early 30's, emerges from the crisis millions of dollars in debt. Devastated, his confidence is shattered and he is unable to see a way out. Follow this incredible true story about a man who, in the face of discouragement, hate, betrayal, and debt, finds a glimmer of hope and finds his way back on top.

Burn Zones is an incredible read that educates, thrills, and infuriates all at the same time. It is written nearly flawlessly with as little as three errors. Jorge Newberry writes his story in such a way that it causes the reader to vividly imagine and feel everything he felt during each success and each struggle. The fear of being face to face with uncontrollable riots, the burning sensation in the muscles during a fierce bike race, and the undeniable feeling of triumph when a building complex is successfully renovated. You feel the anger of one race towards the other and are disgusted by the injustice prevalent at the time. The author shares with you each struggle and challenge he faced.

As I read, I found myself learning and reviewing several different life lessons and reality checks. For example, do not look back on your past actions with regret but look forward to the future instead, treat others with kindness and, generally, you will be treated the same way in return. However, the reality checks he explains are that not everyone is as kind as you may be treating them. In reality, people can be very cruel, ready to betray you for their selfish gain. This, Newberry addresses, including vivid scenes of racism and abuse of the African American people and other multi-racial persons. His first-hand experience portrays the reality of this world that we all live in.

Newberry, however, shares not only his struggles and the results of being over-stressed but also the hope and encouragement offered by his friends and family. He shares how he came out of the darkness he found himself in. He shares the sadness of loss, but also the pure joy of the union of family. The importance of family and trust is a pleasant theme in this story.

I must caution any potential reader that there are a few uses of foul language and a single scene of nudity briefly described. Therefore, I would only recommend this to adults as these instances would not be appropriate for children. Nevertheless, I have given this compelling story a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it was written magnificently with few errors. I thoroughly enjoyed Newberry's clear descriptions of real-life and the life lessons he teaches. In the end, you will feel inspired to press on through the struggles of today knowing there is an end in sight. I was truly amazed at the story of Jorge Newberry and highly recommend this to anyone seeking a true picture of the world, a story of betrayal, of peace, and ultimately of love.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”