Review by lfm1223 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lfm1223
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lfm1223.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by lfm1223 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by lfm1223 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is an autobiographical story written by Jorge P. Newbery. With his entrepreneurial drive starting at just age seven, he shares his accomplishments and hardships along the way. Taking risks and working hard is his recipe for success. From paperboy to starting his own thriving companies, this is a journey worth following.

What I enjoyed the most about this book were his different journeys throughout his life. Every path was different from the last. His firsthand stories about his involvement in protests and movements that have been a part of a history that I grew up watching on the news were particularly fascinating. It wasn’t just one instance either, throughout his life he has done what he was called to do, and that would be, the right thing. What I found inspiring was that Jorge didn’t let his introvert personality stop him from doing anything. The fact that he was still able to accomplish so much in spite of being a “loner” was definitely uplifting. So many of us let these things hold us back, but Jorge succeeded despite this. I also loved his moral standards and stance on so many issues that are still prevalent in today’s culture.

What I disliked the most was that the story ended, it was over and I wanted more. I’ll admit, when I saw the cover I thought this was going to mainly be about cyclists. There really wasn’t anything I disliked about this book.

This book will serve many types of readers. I think if people give this story a shot, they will get a lot out of it. I do not think I have ever read any autobiographies before because of the simple thought that they would be boring, but this story has changed my mind. I might just have to explore this genre more often. That being said, if you’re not interested in inspiring entrepreneurs talk about their accomplishments and open views on treating everyone as equals, skip it. Otherwise, it really is a great read.

I give this book a 4 out of 4. I thought it was very well-written and edited. It kept me enthralled from beginning to end. It was inspiring, informative, and enlightening. It sheds light towards adversity that still exists today. It was also a quick read for me. Don’t be like me and judge this book by the cover. It’s so much more than that. Give it a read!

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”