Review by LiLj -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by LiLj -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by LiLj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery, the book began with the author sharing his first job experience, which made way for the rest of his occupations. It was very interesting to see how Jorge had to work through his Burn Zones to come out prosperous.

This biography was about how Jorge faced a lot of adversity and how he had to overcome the many challenges he faced in becoming a successful entrepreneur, bike racer, and real estate agent to name a few. The book progresses in chronological order starting when he was 7 years old and working up until he was 46 years old. Jorge learned on the way that if he is diligent, determent, and persistent he can accomplish almost anything.

I liked how Jorge was honest in his writing, what I mean by that is, as I was reading this book I could tell that all of this truly happened to Jorge and all of his feelings were accurate, and since this is true, I truly felt how it would feel to be in Jorge's shoes. I also liked how Jorge included not only his success story but also his sad downfall caused by his pride. There were some parts of the book that were extremely heartbreaking and you just wish that you could go and help Jorge and that is what makes a good book truly incredible. I also liked how the book wasn't focused on Jorge but more on how Jorge became so successful.

What I disliked about this book was that during some parts of the book if you don't know a lot about loans, and real estate it could get very confusing, because he is talking about his experiences there were some technical terms that I had to look up and took away the focus of him sharing his success. I also disliked how the author left out some details of how he made relationships with some people, for example he would mention someone and you, the reader, would just have to assume that he already knows that person.

This book was exceptionally well-edited as I noticed no errors. I would recommend this book to people that lived during 1980 and are looking for a story about Perseverance, Triumph, and Tragedy. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 Since it was a really great read with so much emotion and it was extremely well-edited, I found that since there were little to no errors you can focus so much more on Jorge's story.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”