Official Review: Seven Words You Never Want to Hear

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1098
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: From Muslim to Christ by Saudah Mya Alqawiyy

Official Review: Seven Words You Never Want to Hear

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seven Words You Never Want to Hear" by Denise Wilson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the things that all professing Christians look forward to is the second coming of Jesus Christ. The key mandate that the disciples of Jesus were given as they await His return was the proclamation of the Gospel and the making of disciples. However, the author shows how many modern believers have chosen an ineffective and cheap disciple-making process. It not only applies to every person but offers salvation without permitting the hearers to consider the cost of the cross first. Why is this method ineffective? What are some of its consequences?

Seven Words You Never Want to Hear: How To Be Sure You Won’t was authored by Denise Wilson. The book is 187 pages long and comprises 22 chapters. It was published in 2019. The author uses many scriptural references and real-life accounts to generate a compelling, enthralling, and informative read that will leave many readers wanting more. The topics handled include evangelism, repentance, God’s grace, and God’s wrath. The author aims to aid the readers to examine their own lives and consequently avoid hearing the seven most dreadful words.

A lot is discussed in the book. One of the most important lessons was that Jesus preached the same good news to different people using unique means. Varying channels were used to communicate the good news depending on the background of the recipient. Whereas Jesus confronted the lifestyle of the Samaritan woman, He challenged the religious beliefs of Nicodemus. The author also included a section titled ‘Remember’ at the end of every chapter that summarizes its content. I also appreciated the reflection questions in every chapter as they enabled me to ponder over what had been presented in comparison with my own beliefs and status.

One of the things I loved most about the book was its simplicity; nothing was too hard to follow. The author also kept me glued to the pages of the book through the real-life stories that were included. There are many that I enjoyed, but I guess my favorite ones were the stories that showed how ‘The Prosperity Gospel’ has allured many people. The book not only showed factual examples but also taught how others have evaded the enchanting temptation to join this bandwagon. The author approached several topics that would be considered politically incorrect by many people as well. This was done in a way that one’s eyes would be opened to the truth, though. The emphasis that biblical messages should not be sugarcoated was another thing that I enjoyed. This was a clarion call to go back to the crossroads and take the path that has often been neglected.

The book was professionally edited. The language used was straightforward and in this manner, it was easy to comprehend. There is nothing that I disliked about it. I found myself highlighting many statements that were striking and hence I believe this book will be resourceful to all Christians. I heartily rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal to Christians seeking to deepen their faith by treading on the narrow path.

Seven Words You Never Want to Hear
View: on Bookshelves
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

MichaelCarsonReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaelcarsonreads.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MichaelCarsonReads »

This sounds very interesting. Great Review!

Rubbi
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubbi.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rubbi »

I think that's an informative spiritual text. Also the author has done a great job to include spiritual backing and real life accounts to support his ideas.

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Elvis Best »

I'm really curious about the seven words, but I guess I'd have to read the book to find out. Also, I agree totally with the author that biblical messages should not be sugarcoated. I'm sure I'd enjoy this book. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Nana1297
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nana1297 »

The book sounds interesting am going ahead on reading it.And i will post up a reveiw

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by Christieee »

This book sounds like it can shake one out of character slumber, haha... and a bit scary too.
Your review was insightful, thank you.

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 106
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 158
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Final Act
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: The World Hidden by Christopher Joseph
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina »

I wonder what those seven words are. Do they begin with "Woe to you"? The present times lead one to reflect on what is next for mankind. I do know I'd like to hear "Wow to you!" when my time comes.

MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Anxious for Answers
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: The Online Meeting Survival Guide by Paul Richards

Post by MsH2k »

Elvis Best wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 17:17
I'm really curious about the seven words, but I guess I'd have to read the book to find out.
I am very curious about this as well! I’ll be checking out this book. :D
Great review, Kibetious!

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I am really curious to know what this book holds for the readers. The review was a fun read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”