Review by Michelle Fred -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Review by Michelle Fred -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift by Jody B. Miller is a reader’s guide to navigating life-altering changes successfully. Jody achieves this by giving the reader clues to recognize when their soul yearns for a difference or a greater purpose. She terms the period of uncertainty and doubts 'drift' while the change that is needed to find happiness and balance she calls 'shift'.

Jody outlines the steps necessary to go From Drift to Shift in four parts. She titled part one 'why shift?' and it delves into details about why a person might feel that they need or want a shift. The second part is focused on 'when to shift'. Part three unpacks the nitty-gritty of 'how to shift', while the last part shines a light on what to expect 'after the shift'. Sometimes we make the shift ourselves. Other times, the decision is out of our hands. Regardless of our actions or inactions, fate will take its cause. The more prepared we are, the better our outcomes.

Jody melds her writing with personal anecdotes and inspirational interviews of people that have experienced significant shifts in their lives after drifting for so long. She curated the interviews based on their relevance to the message she is trying to pass. I think it's a brilliant idea because it's easy to lose sight of the essence of motivational books with no elements of realism or relativity.

My favourite aspect of the book is Jody's empathetic tone. I will liken reading the book to talking to a compassionate friend that listens to your problems, takes time to digest your words and offers you sound counsel based on her knowledge and expertise.

At the end of the book, there is an appendix with detailed information on the works of some people she interviewed, links to the resources she used, an elaborate explanation of Hindu deities, how to find your Hindu archetype and further research and guidance on creating the life you want.

I have no quibbles about the book as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I found just one error throughout my reading. The editing certainly has a professional touch. Jody's writing style is simple and evocative. Her writing is practical and devoid of verbose fluff. Therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend the book to everyone, regardless of literary preferences. I believe there is a lesson in it for every reader.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I like the lexical preferences used by the author in the choice of words, which gave the book more synthetic taste.
Great review!
Bet on Me! :idea:
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Whilst this book does not sound like something I would usually pick up, I enjoyed reading your review :) It's very descriptive and rich. Thank you!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I like this author's books too, she has a great writing style and I appreciate her advises :) Thank you for a great review!
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

I am currently reading Jody's The Misogi Method, and this book had been mentioned repeatedly so I am planning to read this after I finish the current one. Thanks for the review, makes me want to read it more.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Post by Ballbender »

Good review write up. From drift to shift is an Interesting book that give a comprehending steps necessary to go From Drift to Shift in four parts. it’s an enjoyable read.
Prince Chime
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-chime.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Prince Chime »

The title of this book is electrifying. Drift to Shift. I like this. Your review is classic and detailed.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
:)
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a very inspiring book for people who need a little motivation to change the way they are doing things. Wonderful review!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Prisallen wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 08:38 This sounds like a very inspiring book for people who need a little motivation to change the way they are doing things. Wonderful review!
It is. Thanks for your comment.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Prince Chime wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 19:30 The title of this book is electrifying. Drift to Shift. I like this. Your review is classic and detailed.
Thanks for your comment, Prince.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Ballbender wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 11:58 Good review write up. From drift to shift is an Interesting book that give a comprehending steps necessary to go From Drift to Shift in four parts. it’s an enjoyable read.
Thanks for stopping by, Ballbender. I appreciate your comment.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

jennydelacruz wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 09:53 I am currently reading Jody's The Misogi Method, and this book had been mentioned repeatedly so I am planning to read this after I finish the current one. Thanks for the review, makes me want to read it more.
I have read The Misogi Method, I think it's great. If you like it, I'm certain you will like this one too. Thanks for commenting on my review, Jenny.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Ellylion wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:40 I like this author's books too, she has a great writing style and I appreciate her advises :) Thank you for a great review!
Thanks for your comment, Ellylion.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 23:49 I like the lexical preferences used by the author in the choice of words, which gave the book more synthetic taste.
Great review!
Thanks for your comment, Kanda.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

LinaJan wrote: 08 Jun 2020, 09:20 Whilst this book does not sound like something I would usually pick up, I enjoyed reading your review :) It's very descriptive and rich. Thank you!
Thanks for your kind words, Lina.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”