Review by LoveTwoRead -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LoveTwoRead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovetworead.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by LoveTwoRead -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by LoveTwoRead »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is a story about a young entrepreneur and his predominantly successful journey through his business endeavors. The author begins creating wealth at a young age with his newspaper delivery job. Newbery recalls his desire to constantly challenge himself with new projects and goals, always surprising everyone with his responsible and determined character. After he mastered one enterprise, he pursued another, overcoming the problems that surfaced. He viewed problems as opportunities or puzzles to solve and his efforts were rewarded with great success most every time.

He called the especially trying times the “burn zones,” the most critical moment that determines if you surface in the lead or succumb to the trials. He utilized this concept to help him push through the difficult times, knowing they will pass eventually, and he merely had to hold on until he cleared the burn zone. Newbery continued exploring new opportunities and found himself in the real estate business. He managed to ameliorate deteriorating apartments that no previous landlord could improve. His successes gave him confidence to take on greater risks, which eventually led to his biggest failure.

I most liked the inspirational value and tone in this autobiography. Newbery always treated people with respect and friendliness, with most everyone reciprocating his respect. It was refreshing to see cases where treating people with genuine human kindness yielded great results for all parties, including the success of the business. The only aspect of the book I didn’t care much about was the attempted suspense leading up to Newbery’s greatest failure. I felt the author mentioned his greatest failure a few too many times before he began describing it, however this did not detract from the overall quality of the story.

I believe anyone interested in reading a motivational success story that reads smoothly and in an entertaining fashion would enjoy this book. There is no audience that I wouldn’t recommend this book to, however Newbery does talk about some cases of punks causing trouble and cases where police were agitators leading to violent outbursts. Newbery speaks of these cases to portray the significance of treating everyone with respect and kindness, without dwelling on any extreme details. He also briefly alluded to the “friendliness” of strangers offering to give him a ride while he waited for his father to pick him up, but he does not delve into in this line of thought.

Overall, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars because there were a few minor spelling errors and the story was entertaining with a good flow. This book was nicely paced, and I enjoyed reading it. The story inspired me to seek out and act on new opportunities, and work towards a solution to overcome the challenges that will surface.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”