Review by bjoly2 -- The Solution is Political Revolution

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bjoly2
Currently Reading: Never Eat Alone
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bjoly2.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by bjoly2 -- The Solution is Political Revolution

Post by bjoly2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Solution is Political Revolution" by Jillion R Rising.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R. Rising is one of the best politically-driven yet not politically-charged books I have read lately. Rising has a way of assuring the reader that he sits not on the side of Democrat nor Republican, but with the American people. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The messages presented in the book are valuable for every American to read and understand.

One of my favorite things about this book is that the author not only presented issues that face American citizens, but he also offered solid ideas for resolution. For instance, after outlining the polarizing effect of segmentation into Democrats vs. Republicans, Rising provides the solution of developing a new party that would focus on protecting state laws, removing wasteful spending, and choosing candidates with a background in management.

If I had to choose something to critique about this book, it would be that, at times, it felt a bit repetitive. When Rising made a point, such as the American people’s need to continue to innovate, it seemed as if it went on for a few too many pages driving the point home.

Despite the somewhat repetitive nature of the text, Rising does a great job of explaining some of the government’s more intricate features, like those of the Federal Reserve, the 2008 housing and mortgage crisis, the Affordable Care Act, and Social Security. He understands not only the history of their creation but in-depth knowledge of how the systems work. I come away from this book with a better understanding of the troubles facing the nation in the coming years. Also, I have a greater knowledge of the history of how many of today’s government programs came into existence.

One of the biggest takeaways from this book is that our citizens must again band together. Throughout the past few decades, we have become segmented into groups based on race, gender, political identification, socioeconomic status, and other identifying characteristics. This book indicates the divisive tactics used to create these divides are intended to weaken our power and give more to the politicians in Washington, D.C., who are deciding our livelihood. The only chance we have to change the future is to forget our differences and remember the shared history that got us through so many trials in the past.

In my opinion, this would be an excellent book for any American citizen to read. It speaks about politics in a non-polarizing way that is both refreshing and enlightening. The focus of the book truly is the American people and how we need to continue to innovate and work together to make sure the country stays on a path that benefits the citizens instead of punishes them.

The Solution is Political Revolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”