Review by Giga51087 -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Review by Giga51087 -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

Post by Giga51087 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let’s Mountain Bike!" by Paul Molenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let´s Mountain Bike is a magnificent guide to the world of the mountain biking. This work carried out by the author Paul Molenberg, demonstrated his experience applied to sport and his passion for it.

In this complete compendium, it allows us to start in a world where lack of knowledge can lead us to make costly mistakes, both in money and physically. From its introductory opening to the sport, to the tiniest details of team preparation, this book covers it all.

Mr. Molenberg gives us an objective view of the equipment to be used. It invites us to look for what we really require, to identify possible further improvements to our equipment. Everything to prepare us adequately for the challenges we will face on the trails. It explains to us techniques for managing and selecting terrain. He recommends the proper equipment to carry out a cycling expedition responsibly. This allows us to enjoy it in the best possible way.

As an athlete I enjoy the extensive technical knowledge raised in this book. This not only includes data on equipment, handling techniques and physical preparation for competition. The author gives well-done physical preparation routines, dietary recommendations, and knowledge about the potential risks of an excursion in the North American area. The writer's effort and dedication to his work really shines through. Since the aforementioned author includes adequate research and implementation of the information discussed in this book.

I must say what I did not like about this book was the excess of technical language. This makes it difficult for neophytes to understand. It tells us about the risks of encountering predatory species of wildlife. However, it does not mention anything about wild species with a calm appearance but equally unpredictable behavior. Not to mention farm animals or pets and the potential encounters with these species. A pack of dogs or cattle can be more common and dangerous encounters than a bear in rural areas. Seeing someone running from a cow is fun to watch, but not less dangerous. This is because the risk of goring or being trampled is something real.

From my personal point of view, I find this book as a very complete manual to get started in the activity. It can help us begin to experience it gradually and appropriately, without letting ourselves fall into the hands of unscrupulous people. I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to want to buy proper cycling gear, to finish with having a very expensive pile of junk.

In conclusion, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. His editing work is very well done since no spelling errors are found despite the intensive use of technical language. Due to the completeness of the text, I recommend it for young people and adults alike. However, the complexity of the text itself must be taken into account. Physical exercises should be supervised by a professional trainer or physical education teacher to verify the quality of the technique. This is important when it comes to preventing physical injuries due to excessive demands or poor execution. I consider it a must in reference libraries for those who carry out this activity. Since it not only covers a recreational purpose, but additionally includes excellent competitive guidance.

Let’s Mountain Bike!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

I rated it 4/4 stars, too. Even though I am not a biker and doesn't have any idea regarding its components, I was delighted to learn some of it. This suits those who were to pursue bikings yet are intimidated to start thinking they don't have an idea, or they aren't capable in any way.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

It sounds like a great resource.
UzmaKhan
Currently Reading: The Woman Before Wallis
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzmakhan.html