Review by beasy -- The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Mark...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
beasy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beasy.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by beasy -- The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Mark...

Post by beasy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge" by Rachel Thompson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Most of the people who begin their journey into digital publishing find it hard to get started, some don't know where to begin and others don't know what to do first. The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge was written exactly to address this issue by giving a full month, very detailed step by step action plan to get you started in the right way. With the abundance of information on the internet, most new authors find themlselves overwhelmed, but Rachel Thompson in this book introduce every week a particular topic to get your feet wet. Week One focus on mastering the power of Twitter as an author, Week Two is about Facebook, Week Three focuses on creating your digital marketing strategy and for Week Four, you will learn to use websites and blog to leverage your brand.

I really liked how Rachel Thompson structured the book, the day by day lesson is highly useful as some people may procrastinate. To get results faster you have to follow the daily lesson like a diet plan. It's convenient for totally newbie. The style is far from boring, as the tone of the author is casual and friendly, I had the impression to talk to a friend of mine.

As the title suggest, the content is indeed a challenge with only one goal, to make you take action. So I was expecting a long explanation and theory then finally at the end of each chapter would find an assignment. But I was surprised to find that actually every day of the week in the book, there is a small explanation and immediately followed by an assignment to take action. I was amazed to see how specific the author was when designing the assigment, by doing them you get directly small results to keep you motivated and to continue. The thing that annoys me is that in some chapters there are many jargon words, so if you are not aware of these words, you may be confused as the author doesn't go in depth but get straight into assignment.

Despite that, the author provides helpful tips and advices along the way and I appreciate the fact that she does actually what she is saying and teaching when she takes herself as example in many chapters such as in the Twitter page for example. The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge is very easy to read and to follow so I enjoyed it until the last page.

Naturally this book would be more suitable for new authors in the digital publishing because the content cover the basic elements to begin with such as social media , marketing plans, websites and blogging. Take it as a book to get you take action as fast as possible, if you are lazy or can't seem to figure out what's wrong with your book, this one is for you. So I really recommend it and give it a 3 out of 4.

The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”