Review by AmythystGreen -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmythystGreen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amythystgreen.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review by AmythystGreen -- The Biblical Clock

Post by AmythystGreen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan is a very enlightening and intriguing book. I was pleasantly surprised by the content of this book. I very much enjoy researching and reading ancient texts, especially those relating to the Bible. By this, I do not mean strictly the books of the Bible since there are many other texts that for various reasons are not included in today's Biblical Canon that have both historical and spiritual value, nonetheless. Daniel Friedmann has very carefully researched before writing this book, which is evidenced not only by the plausibility and coherence of his theories but also by his extensive bibliography and appendices as well.

Friedmann is a scientific-minded individual and professional, that found himself wanting to be able to coincide his Jewish beliefs with what he knows to be factual. To this end, he became a Rabbi in order to further his studies. This book depicts convincing correlations between the Old Testament and other Judaic writings and the timing of events in history, even prior to man. He explores the age-old questions surrounding the timing of creation and hypothesizes what may occur in the end times from countless resources and prophetical literature.

This book is an extremely good read, in my opinion, but may not be for everyone. There is nothing at all offensive nor overtly doctrinal, but people without belief in God may not find the value in the content. Although the author seems to cover all the bases, there was one area I found an issue with, but my bias is due to personal belief. When the author discusses the period of time around the first century CE (AD) he never mentions Jesus, nor the rise of Christianity. He goes on to talk about many messiah possibilities from Jewish history, and I understand that Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah, but these events still had a huge impact on Jewish history. For me, this important piece being completely ignored took away from the book's stance of coinciding known history with the Bible. The Crusades were however mentioned, still without any background.

The theories that Friedmann discloses in this book seem to be quite plausible, well thought out, and researched. His thoughts on both the origin of the universe and creation timeframes make sense to me. This book is easy to understand, neither too scientifically technical nor mystically cryptic. The author has written other books and reading this one has sparked an interest in me to read more of his work.

I found only one error in the entire book, and I am impressed with Friedmann's abilities in writing both historical accounts and his own fictional narrative equally well. I give The Biblical Clock 4 out of 4 stars, and highly recommend reading it. Friedmann's impeccable research and well-written concepts helped me to understand the scientific side of these debates since I already believe the Biblical accounts. This book is both informative and thought-provoking, I enjoyed reading it very much.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I have not read this book, but it sounds quite interesting to see the author's views on the Bible. You wrote a detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”