Review by Little Muse -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Little Muse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-muse.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Review by Little Muse -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

Post by Little Muse »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let’s Mountain Bike!" by Paul Molenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mountain biking has always been in my thoughts but, coming from an area where the terrain is not suitable, I let the idea slide. Well, Let's Mountain Bike! has reignited my passion. It has highlighted the basics of mountain biking for both begginers, and people who've been in the sport longer. It gives suggestions for possible mountain biking sites, favourable bikes and what to carry while on the sport. It is written by Paul Molenberg.

Mountain biking bicycles are categorised into different models, according to the trails that they are to be used on. Therefore, one should establish the trail, then choose a suitable bike. The price of new bikes may be high. This should not stop you from fulfilling your desire though. The author, an expert in this sport, advises on buying a used and accessorizing it. This is pocket friendly, especially for beginners. Trails should be chosen wisely too. Beginners should not start on hard trails. They'll end up being disappointed.

This is a complete guide on mountain biking. The book cover is appropriate and welcoming. There is choice of frames, tubes and tires, peddles, helmet and eyewear. The author takes us through this amazing sport earnestly. He explores the rights and wrongs. He even prepares the biker for a tournament and what to do on that exact day. Coming to the end of this book, I felt like I've been training and my long awaited competition is here.

This book is well grouped into titled chapters with subheadings. The headings and subheadings prepare you on what to expect. The author's voice commands attention. This makes it hard to be distracted. Whatever I read will stay with me for a long time.

The main reason I'm giving this book a 4 out of 4 stars is that, it leaves nothing unaddressed. We get answers to even the basic things like washing the bikes. I also learnt some easy bicycle repair hacks. This saves time and money that would otherwise be spent at the repair shop.

The pacing is steady is lovely. The book format is excellent, and you can easily pick up from where you left. It is information that can be swallowed in small chunks while practising. The author seems like a perfectionist as I didn't find any errors. This writing is excellent. I recommend it to upcoming mountain bikers. Generally, anyone who loves this sport would embrace this read. This book works like a charm.

Let’s Mountain Bike!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”