Review by Kanda_theGreat -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Review by Kanda_theGreat -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a book that attempts to interpret the Biblical calendar in contrast to the Earth's calendar. The authors draw most of their inspiration from the Kabbalah, which is alleged to have been written in the second century by Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai. The scripture texts vary according to their authors and span of time in which they were written. The content is organised into three parts and twelve chapters. Contrary to Michael Tieman's Killing Abel which only narrates the story of creation and ends with Noah's floods, The Biblical Clock spans from the beginnings of times and predicts what may happen in the end of times. I also realized that the authors of the Kaballah had both Christian and Muslim orientations, which was either socially, politically or in religious matters.

In the beginning, we are introduced to The siege of Acre by Al-Ashraf Khalil of the Bahriyya Mamluks. Acre is totally destroyed by the Mamluks, who slaughtered every Christian or Jew that they found. This battle marked the beginning of the protection of scrolls and other relevant documents by Isaac ben Samuel of Acre. The documents, initially written and stored by the religious men, had to be preserved for their handing over to younger generations.

The authors' inclusion of images and photographs is a commendable task. The images showed some pages of documents which were believed to be as old as 1558 AD. There were also visual representations of battle scenes that attempted to recreate the crumbling of the walls of Acre. The images further enrich the historical aspect of this book, with a picture of the national library of Russia, which was one of its kind at the time. Generally, there are several other images which have attempted to bridge the gap created by inadequate descriptions of the events and scenes. Moreover, there are also geographical maps, which a reader can use as references for the places mentioned by the author. Tabled comparisons which distinguished God's days from Earth's days helped me a great deal in figuring out the plot of the book.

I liked the fact that the authors included a glossary of terms for the otherwise "foreign" vocabulary. There were times when I encountered words like: perestroika, bara and midrash- to mention but a few, which would have been challenging in deciphering their meanings. Friedmann's diligence as a student of the Kabbalah, is crystal clear in his organization and presentation of his ideas. His switching between the first person point-of-view to the third person point-of-view, is a necessary technique especially because the book contains a large number of characters.

There is nothing that I did not like in this well-researched religious book. The fact that it is co-authored by Dania Sheldon, a professional writer and editor, who holds a doctorate degree in English language and literature, explains why the book is professionally edited- I did not find any typos in the book. The inclusion of a list of references and website links added to the book's authenticity. I recommend it to any student of religion, who would wish to read a detailed analysis of the Christian calendar of events. Christian readers will also enjoy the rich information regarding God's calendar contained in this book. I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bet on Me! :idea:
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This seams like a good book for Christians. Unfortunately, I'm not one. Thanks for the review .
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

JM Reviews wrote: 05 May 2020, 03:23 This seams like a good book for Christians. Unfortunately, I'm not one. Thanks for the review .
Thank you for reading my review and for leaving a comment.
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

This seems like a good book for understanding the Christian calendar. Great review!
Fabian
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

FABIAN_BATS wrote: 08 May 2020, 10:41 This seems like a good book for understanding the Christian calendar. Great review!
I must admit that the individual opinions provided by each contributor of the text adds up in one way or another, enough to be deemed as logical enough.
Thank you for the comment.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I've read some things that made me a bit interested in the Kabbalah, but I don't think I can stomach a detailed theological analysis. I'm sure many people would enjoy it, though. Thanks for the review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Tomah wrote: 08 May 2020, 15:09 I've read some things that made me a bit interested in the Kabbalah, but I don't think I can stomach a detailed theological analysis. I'm sure many people would enjoy it, though. Thanks for the review!
Thank you for reading and commenting on this review.
Reubeney
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reubeney.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by Reubeney »

I would love to know the difference between the Biblical and Earth's calendar. Brilliant review.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Reubeney wrote: 10 May 2020, 23:29 I would love to know the difference between the Biblical and Earth's calendar. Brilliant review.
Thank you for your comment on this review.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

If someone is interested in the Bible and wants to explore more about new opinions about it This book sounds like an interesting one to read. Thanks for the review.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 23:44 If someone is interested in the Bible and wants to explore more about new opinions about it This book sounds like an interesting one to read. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for the comment.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

As a Christian I'm definitely going to give this book a read, I'm actually very excited about it. It sounds like a exceptionally interesting read and would streght my faith even more and help me answer some of my questions I have or bring about more questions

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”