Official Review: The Future of Leadership in the Age of AI

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey

Official Review: The Future of Leadership in the Age of AI

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Future of Leadership in the Age of AI" by Marin Ivezic.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The past industrial revolutions affected both large and small-scale workers in anticipated and unanticipated ways in equal measure. For instance, the invention of the steam engine affected blacksmiths as had been foreseen. However, farmers were equally affected because the reduction of the use of horse-drawn carriages was followed by a drastic decrease in demand for hay. Moreover, some people who were left jobless in other industrial revolutions resorted to violence as they were unprepared for the changes. Business leaders and other employees today are faced with the same challenge as the Fourth Industrial Revolution kicks in. They will either have to prepare sufficiently or risk being drowned when the imminent storm overtakes them. This book presents a carefully thought-out approach to the effects of AI and how business leaders can better prepare to address them.

The Future of Leadership in the Age of AI: Preparing Your Leadership Skills for the AI-Shaped Future of Work is a resourceful book. It goes without saying that this book is a must-have for leaders who are aware of the impending effects of AI and even more specifically those who are unaware or still in doubt. The book was co-authored by Marin Ivezic and Luka Ivezic. The authors have vast experience in the implications of emerging technologies. This book not only proves their concern for the business world but also for everyone who will be affected by AI.

One fact that was emphasized by the authors is that we are on the cusp of dramatic change in how business, workplaces, and our very lives are carried out. Consequently, this became the premise upon which the rest of the discourse was based. The business leaders and all the other readers were reminded, through the use of factual examples, that artificial intelligence is already with them, it is not coming as widely held. The authors’ descriptions left no room for doubt concerning the implications of AI in the job place and mundane activities. Furthermore, the author adequately discussed the far-reaching consequences of the previous industrial revolutions. In this way, no one was left outside when it came to the impact of AI.

What I liked most about this book is that the authors debunked several myths concerning the impact of AI and other technologies. I was even more delighted because they did so in a way that dispelled unnecessary fears. The vague and unfounded assumptions presented by the Utopian, Dystopian and Organic perspectives on AI were disapproved using logical arguments. Thereafter, a clearer perspective was given. The authors dwelt mainly on how to prepare for the AI-shaped future. This was more appealing because it did not present AI as something that was beyond humanity, but that was going to complement its efforts. This reasoning was supported by historical facts from the previous industrial revolutions as well. The fact that leaders were encouraged to retrain employees to occupy positions that will be on-demand or will emerge was also endearing.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. It was both remarkable and informative. The book was also professionally edited. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal most to leaders who are interested in reshaping their skills and repositioning their organizations in preparation for the implications of AI. I also recommend the book to students, researchers, and other ardent readers looking for books on the impact of AI and other emerging technologies.

The Future of Leadership in the Age of AI
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

AmyMarie2171
Currently Reading: Fall of Giants
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amymarie2171.html
Latest Review: Vicarious Inruders by J.M. Rodriguez Jr.

Post by AmyMarie2171 »

I am very happy to see that a portion of the book was dedicated to disproving myths. AI has been the focus of science fiction for so long that common misconceptions are sure to have solidified themselves into the public's collective subconscious. Thank you for such an intelligent review!

Kayla_N_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-n.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kayla_N_ »

As a computer science major, I've seen firsthand the immaculate possibilities of AI. Definitely seems like an interesting read. Thank you for giving your point of view of this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”