Review by johnson11 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
johnson11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johnson11.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Review by johnson11 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by johnson11 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is the tale of a self-made entrepreneur. To get ahead, that is his mindset from the very beginning. From the age of seven to seventeen, he had many jobs. He delivered newspapers, sold ice cream, was a busboy, and even started his own company, Youth Manifesto, where he had his own stage for bands to perform. He became a professional bike rider. During this time, he met someone who dealt in real estate.

Jorge got his real estate license and went to work for a company called Univest. He moved up the ladder and later helped to open his own business. He bought some HUD apartments, remodeled them, and made them a better place to live. It seemed that everything that he did turned out right and nothing could stop him, until the ice storm. In just one moment of time, all was lost. All that he had worked so hard for was gone.

There wasn’t anything that I did not like about the book. I liked the book. I thought it was interesting. I thought it told the story of what someone could do in the face of adversity. Everyone faces adversity at some point or time in life. It is what you do with it that matters. No matter who you are, race or gender, anything is possible with hard work and discipline. If you set your mind to it, there is nothing that can't be done, even though it may look bad at the time.

He learned that some things were out of his control, but he wasn't ready to give up. He had to pick himself up, dust himself off, and start all over again. He remembered that burn zones hurt, but it is worth the pain that you endure. He just had to push his way through and in the end he was in better shape than the beginning. He found ways to really help people that were in need.

I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I think the book would be good for all ages. I think it would be especially good for teenagers. It teaches some life lessons of what you can do from an early age. If you work hard, it will show up, and you can accomplish anything. It does have some profanity, most of it is mild. I thought it was professionally edited. I did not find any errors.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”