Review by Cruisemomma -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cruisemomma
Currently Reading: A Bridge Through Time: Book 1 of the Thistle & Hive Series
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruisemomma.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review by Cruisemomma -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Cruisemomma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery delves into his entrepreneurial journey since the tender age of seven. In his memoir, Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands, Newbery says that each one of us experiences a burn zone. Burn zones are moments when our minds and bodies adapt and endure challenges. While in his burn zones, Newbery is a testament to someone who does not see failure but opportunities. Every obstacle is a burn zone moment. The author posits his burn zone lead him to write his next book Debt Cleanse: How to Settle Your Unaffordable Debts for Pennies on the Dollar (And Not Pay Some At All) to financial and emotional freedom.

Jorge, or Jorgie, a name that the author dislikes and always referred to by his father, writes of his fascination and tenacious ambitions beginning at an early age. At the age of 17, Jorge already had a record label, worked with many 1980’s punk bands, and well on the way to the Olympic bike trials of 1988. The races that he undertook prepared him for future burn zones that would make him the entrepreneur and expert in real estate that are helping others in a financial crisis today.

I enjoyed Newbery’s light humor and amazing recollection of his childhood. Recalling intricate events at an early age is truly amazing, and I would genuinely call him a mastermind. There are numerous profanities used by the author with his dealings with local law enforcement and news reporters. If you do not read in its entirety, the reader could mistake Newbery’s positions on the police and government officials as derogatory. But this is not the case. The author tells of his parent’s bout with discrimination and his own childhood experiences of those who took advantage of those less fortunate.

I was immediately absorbed in his escapades that kick-started Newbery’s burn zones. Most were relatable, humorous, and humbling. His refreshing stance on making a living without gambling, taking care of the body, and keeping a focus on building wealth deserves much praise. Newbery’s mantra is never look back but focus on moving forward. He coined his work ethic as “indefatigable” or tireless but would soon admit to a pitfall that would contradict this attribute.

Newbery’s humane gestures were felt and surprisingly warming with his persistence and positive work ethics. The author seems to put others first even when he is losing millions of dollars. Despite the coarse language towards law enforcement, I would recommend for all audiences with parental supervision.

I rated this book a 4 out of 4 for the author’s absolute determination to excel in anything he sets as a goal. Newbery spends a great deal of time detailing his different business strategies, both successful and failed. The literary tone is sincere but not professionally written. And, I was never bored with learning each comeback approach.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”