Official Review: Consistently Mediocre by Michael Knapp

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Official Review: Consistently Mediocre by Michael Knapp

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Consistently Mediocre" by Michael Knapp.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Looking for ways to improve your business or ideas on how to keep it running smoothly? Are you wanting to learn key business skills but don’t want to sleep through another boring business lecture? Consistently Mediocre by Michael Knapp is the choice for you. It is not your average book about business. It is funny, unique, and informative. Even the titles of the chapters are anything but boring. For instance, Chapter 9 is titled, “Roast Slicers - Solutions to a Problem.” It doesn’t get much more creative than that!

What I liked most about this book was how open and honest the author was about his personal and professional journey. He highlighted the mistakes he has made and the lessons he has learned along the way. In my opinion, this transparency makes it easier for a reader to connect with the material. It allows them to identify their shortcomings or professional wins.

My second favorite part of this book were the unique homework assignments. The author included these at the end of almost every chapter. I think it is a fun and creative way to get an owner thinking about their own business model. It allows them to take the informative material and implement it into their policies, procedures, and so on. At the very least, it opens the door to a new perspective.

Another perk of Consistently Mediocre is the humor! Yes, humor in a book about business! Most business books are in a lecture format but this author uses a conversational writing style. He includes many jokes and entertaining stories while weaving in his informative tidbits.

The only cons that I noted while reading were repetitive sentences and errors. On a few occasions, the author repeatedly mentioned moving forward or that he wished he had listened to his dad earlier in life. Additionally, there were some instances where the same point was made multiple times within a single sentence. Further, there were a couple of grammatical errors. With a little bit of editing, I think this book would deserve a perfect score. However, because of the reasons mentioned above, I rate this book a 3 out of 4.

As for recommendations, I think business owners would gain the most from this read. As a side note, there is some profanity in this book. It did not take away from the author’s informative material. In my opinion, it only added to the humor; however, some might find it offensive.

Consistently Mediocre
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

I think I need the wisdom in this book . It sounds like a lot of fun mixed with muggers of wisdom. Thanks for beautiful review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”