Review by Rising_Nyx -- Away To Me, My Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rising_Nyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rising-nyx.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Review by Rising_Nyx -- Away To Me, My Love

Post by Rising_Nyx »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Away To Me, My Love" by Naomi McDonald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Naomi McDonald’s autobiographical novel, Away To Me, My Love is one of the best books I have read. It follows Naomi’s journey as she enters the world of sheep-herding, and the changes she went through with her canine companion, Luke. An exciting and inspiring book, I rate it four out of four stars.

In my opinion, the best books are the ones that make you see the world differently. Naomi’s transformative journey inspires readers, and her struggle to overcome childhood trauma is compelling. It offers a unique perspective on both life and death, and how to achieve fulfillment in life. Not every part of the story was happy - there were sad moments and events that fill you with grief. The book concludes with Naomi finding peace in her life and allows readers to experience it too.

I found myself laughing and crying with Naomi, and her story impacted me in an unexpected way. Through her use of unique language and excellent timing, I was always left wondering what came next. The book contains no profanity and no sexual content, giving it a sophisticated feel. Aside from the wonderful story, the book was a pleasure to read. It was clearly professionally edited and only had a few minor spelling errors. The language used isn't complicated, but the writing still has a distinctive style.

My favorite part of this book was Naomi’s spiritual journey. She explores the ideas of past lives, souls and spirits influencing the real world. These themes do play a major role in the story but are not overbearing, allowing people of all different faiths to be able to enjoy this book. and it encourages readers to rethink everything they know about their lives. There is nothing I disliked about this novel. Every chapter had a purpose, and the book was a perfect length.

Mature themes are explored in this book, including child abuse, spirituality, and death. Because of this, this book is better suited for readers sixteen and above. Readers interested in philosophy and psychology would also enjoy this story, as it includes elements of both.

Away To Me, My Love has become one of my favorite books. Although sad and depressing at times, it is overall hopeful and motivational. For anyone that is going through a hard time, this book might offer solace and comfort. I would recommend this book to everyone, as it has something to offer to all readers.

Away To Me, My Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”