Review by mmiramontes90 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmiramontes90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmiramontes90.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by mmiramontes90 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by mmiramontes90 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This was an interesting read. Definitely not a book I would have picked on my own based on the cover, but I truly am glad I read it. It’s largely inspirational; the concept of everyone having their own “burn zones” is poetic. The author is ambitious and hard working, but also humble. Maybe due to the fact that he experienced such a great loss. How he helps others today is pretty interesting, especially since I just watched the movie The Big Short which deals around the housing crisis of 2008.
All in all, a pretty interesting read. I’m struggling to decide whether to give this book 3 out of 4 stars or 4 out of 4 stars. Ideally, I would like to hold off on the 4 stars, save for books that are truly excellent in every way. This autobiography, which I’m not sure if it is an autobiography, because it’s not about the entire life of the author, but about this specific hardship he endured and overcame, moves quickly, was clear and to the point, engaged me and held my attention throughout. And that’s why I do consider giving 4 stars. I’m not usually one to enjoy autobiographical accounts, but I did enjoy this book. There were some political aspects that I didn’t really enjoy, as I am not a political person, politics are not interesting to me, and I didn’t expect to be part of the book. It wasn’t throughout the book, though, just towards the end, which was fine.
If you are someone who is deciding whether to read or not, just pick it up and start. In the end, it is a compelling book that tells the story of someone who seemingly had everything, then lost everything, then used his experience to help others not to lose everything, too.
I feel the good outweighs the very minimal bad in this book, which lead me to give a 4/4 star rating.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”