Review by Ehardin3 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ehardin3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ehardin3.html
Latest Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Review by Ehardin3 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ehardin3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newberry is a fantastic autobiography about a man who began his entrepreneurship at the tender age of six. From then on, Mr. Newberry never backed down from a challenge even when others thought he should. From failures in bike races to a disaster that left him in debt, Mr. Newberry always pushed past what he called his burn zones and proved that everyone can take control of their own life.

This book isn't like a typical self-help book that takes you through steps on how to make your life better. This book is the true story of a man's life who has been through it all. He has been on top of an empire to rock bottom.

One of my favorite parts about the book was that even though Jorge's life is filled with numerous trials, he always found a way to make his mistakes and failings into something useful. He worked hard even as a child when no one believed that he could do the jobs he wanted. He also shows that a person does not have to finish high school or even go to college to make a name for themself and be happy.

I loved the author's way of writing, as well. Many autobiographies seem to drag, but this book had me emotionally rooting for Jorge through his trials. His style of writing is impressive, and I never once put the book down. I felt as though I was genuinely invested in Mr. Newberry's life, as well. That his successes were something to celebrate and his loses something to mourn. The book made you feel like you knew him by how well it is written. It was extremely informative about exactly how Jorge rose to where he did in such a short amount of time.

Mr.Newberry is a rebel; he never did what was expected of him and always pushed the envelope, which made his story even more exciting. Even though he was a rebel, he had a clean life. He stayed out of trouble, never drank, or did drugs, which made him more relatable. He was never lazy and always exceeded expectations.

You can tell that the author cares very deeply for this story with the time and effort he put into reviewing and editing it. I did not find any errors in the entire book. There wasn't a single thing that I didn't like about this book either except for when it ended. There was some profanity, but only when the author was quoting someone else directly.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. From start to finish, Burn Zones was a fantastic book. I loved Mr.Newberry and all of the people he has met throughout his life, especially his family. They never once gave up on him, and they always encouraged him to do what he believed was right, even when he wanted to drop out of school. If you have gone through any trial in life and feel as though there is no hope or any happy future for you, this book is a perfect match. Reading about how Jorge struggled and rose from his losses is an inspiring tale and gives you hope for your survival and that you can make it through your burn zone.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”