Review by Empan16 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Empan16
2019 Reading Goal: 3
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Review by Empan16 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Empan16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newberry’s Burn Zone is a nonfiction novel about his journey through struggle and success. He talks about delivering newspapers, selling ice cream, professionally riding bikes, and dealing with properties and real estate. He explains how these experiences improved himself and how they helped him achieve his goals. Throughout each of these experiences, he had to persevere through many obstacles thrown his way. In these burn zones, he was able to learn valuable life lessons and learn how to deal with failure. He also tackles many social and economic issues along the way that allow for an intriguing and informative novel.

I was skeptical about reading this due to the fact that I don’t typically read nonfiction novels. But, I found that this book was empowering, informative, and better than I expected. This book was obviously professionally edited as there were no grammatical errors. As a result, I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

First and foremost, the content of the book was amazing. If you are looking for something that can change the way you think or the way you view the world, this might be for you. Being able to have someone retell their mental, physical, and socioeconomic struggles throughout their life allows for a better connection between the author and reader. It detailed how one could overcome adversity and push back to the top.

I also loved how the novel had no grammatical errors. The book was easy to understand due to the ideas being concise and organized. For these reasons, I was able to fully immerse myself in the journey of the book. The book has 364 pages which makes it similar to the length of a traditional novel. This novel was amazing and due to this, there was nothing that I disliked about it.

This book is intended for young adult to adult readers. There are no mature or inappropriate parts and there is no use of profane language. I think that the material may be easier to understand and relate to if the reader is older. What is so special about this book is that it can change the way that people view things in their life and help motivate people to achieve their dreams. This book has motivated me to take more risks and step out of my comfort zone in order to better myself and immerse myself in new things. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs motivation, inspiration, or something good to read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”