Review by DragonLight877 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DragonLight877
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Review by DragonLight877 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by DragonLight877 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newberry was an excellent read. I want to point out first that I did not find any grammatical errors, which is very impressive. I can tell that when this writer does something, he does it correctly. The story was very engaging. And it was also very encouraging and inspiring.

To summarize this book, it is about the life of the writer, Jorge Newberry. Jorge has had an excellent business sense ever since he was a child. When he was young he started by selling newspapers. Which then turned into owning a small ice-cream tricycle, and his plans only grew from there. The story goes throughout his life as he takes new jobs, and starts new businesses. That is until an unexpected tragedy throws his life into chaos. So Jorge must roll with the punches, and somehow turn his life back around to the positive.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. What I liked most about this book was how genuine Jorge is. He wanted to help the poor and the less fortunate, and I can appreciate that. I also liked how positive Jorge was. He always looked at a problem like a puzzle, and every puzzle has an answer. I found that very inspirational. It's easy to get caught up in our problems, not seeing a way out. But Jorge seems to see every obstacle as surmountable.

Now, as for what I liked least in this book. That is a hard question. I had a hard time finding any errors, and it is hard to judge the character of this story because it was just describing the writer's life. I suppose what I liked the least was how the character was treated as a child. I know that has nothing to do with the writing, and can't be considered an error, but I really don't have any other issues. It was sad to hear how people were treated in some of these situations.

In the end, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was interesting to hear about Jorge's life. He has been through a lot, and it was inspirational to hear how he just kept getting up after being knocked down. With all this in mind, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I believe this is just a great book, and I think a lot of people could benefit from reading it. I think a good target audience for this book would be adults interested in business or inspirational stories. I don't think children or teens would enjoy this book, but that depends on preference, a business-minded teen may enjoy it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”