Review by richardwille1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
richardwille1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richardwille1.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Review by richardwille1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by richardwille1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiography that tells of Newbery’s struggles or “burn zones” in life. Whether it be convincing an adult that he can deliver newspapers as a seven year old, to surviving a financial crisis caused by an ice storm, Newbery tells of all of the challenges he faced throughout his life. His message is one of perseverance and resilience when it comes to overcoming hardships. Newbery is a living example that hard work pays off. He started earning money from age 7 and never let up. Newbery sold ice cream, he rode professionally in bike races, and he bought and sold real estate.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I give this book a perfect rating because the message echoed throughout is priceless and it was well written. Newbery’s story is one that needs to be heard by the millions of Americans struggling with debt, student loans, and those living paycheck to paycheck. Newbery’s perseverance is inspiring and he encourages others to have the same mentality of never giving up in life.

Another reason I gave this book a perfect rating is because it appears professionally edited. I only found one typo throughout the whole book. Newbery’s craft of the story is exceptional. He keeps the book interesting where some parts could become boring.

This book would appeal to anyone high school aged or older. It does not contain any explicit content. There are only a few instances of vulgar language. I believe that this book would appeal to anyone because the message in this book needs to be heard by everyone. Burn Zones teaches the value of struggling through physical and financial issues, and it also teaches how to overcome them. This is a lesson I will definitely keep in mind as I move forward in my life.

The one complaint I have about this book is that at certain times, there are lots of financial terms being used that sometimes get confusing. These terms are defined but in a limited way. However, this problem is only present for a few pages and does not take away from the overall enjoyment of the book. Hence, I still gave this book a perfect score.

Overall, Burn Zones by Jorge Newbery is an inspirational book that teaches readers to have perseverance during hard times. He uses his own story to get his message across. I believe that everyone should read this book so that they too never give up when they run into their own “burn zones”. I highly recommend this masterpiece.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”