Review by oofOOF -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tessa1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa1.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by oofOOF -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Tessa1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is the book I read by Jorge P. Newbery. This book is an amazing book that's based on a true story. It has a little bit of suspense and some drama which kept me turning the pages. Another amazing thing about this book is there are no spelling or grammar errors. So I give a 4/4 for the grammar and spelling.

The audience I recommend is for people who love a story about someone's experiences with the hard times in life. This book is also not one of those books giving steps on how to achieve in life. The story is like a movie but in a book, which I like. Some words are business-related words that some people may not understand, so it would be best to understand a few things about business and such to enjoy the book more. If you're this type of audience, I encourage you to read this book.

My rating for this book is a 4/4! One thing I like about this book is the beginning. The book narrator explains in the beginning he was young and built up his business, but a natural disaster erased his success, and then it talks about his story in life. I also liked that the book was not a snooze fest because in my opinion, I prefer to read about someone's experiences than read the steps to someone’s success. Which this book does not have a step by step layout. So I am saying there are no dislikes whatsoever for this book.

This book is about a guy named Jorge who starts at a young age making his own business. He was good at getting jobs and making a living. There are some challenges he faces as he gets older with the different businesses and jobs he does, but mostly with the businesses. He was also a smart man most of the time.

But then an ice storm hits an apartment building he owned. That's when he was publicly shamed, financially gutted, and lost everything. He spent money to try to get people to lift him back up, but no one did. Discovering then he was the one to build himself back up, he made a new life’s purpose. He wanted to help the struggling people to rebuild themselves. This book is also about him pushing his mental and physical limits and coming out stronger.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”