Review by Danielle Case -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Danielle Case
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-case.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Review by Danielle Case -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Danielle Case »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is a novel about Newbery, which helps readers understand the misfortunes and achievements of his life. Newbery explains how hardworking he has been ever since he was a little boy. What I admire about this book is how he remained humble while explaining his uprisings. In the beginning, Newbery took control of his life by the age of seven by starting a small business. I had an incredible experience reading this book because of the determination the author had. This book brings you into the reality of life in its true form. It has a lesson of consistency and motivation being the main factors to overcome obstacles.

In the middle, the author admitted to readers of his shortcomings at the age of 16. In such a short period, his life made an unexpected turn. This book was raw. Newbery made me feel the same emotions he had previously dealt with. I connected with him through his writing which was unexpected. Getting readers to connect is something important as an author. The details in this book were very tasteful. Anger is a common emotion when things don't go well in our lives. He teaches us how to turn that defeat feeling into drive. I learned so many insightful lessons during my reading. The author encouraged me to have more motivation when deciding how to handle obstacles. The author explained every moment in his life without being overwhelming. We could all learn from Newbery on self-improvement.

This book dragged on for a few chapters but is still enjoyable. I think the reason he drags on a bit is that he wants readers to understand his story. He wants readers to get inspired and learn from his mistakes. I appreciate the author for fully explaining his accomplishments and shortcomings. It takes a brave soul to open up and tell the truth about one's life. Any reader surely is in for a motivation treat from the author. The ending was a pleasure. As a reader I am highly impressed at this author's writing skills. I eventually finished the book within two days.

What I like about this book is the sense of freedom and willingness to improve one's life. This book teaches us to be fearless in obstacles. I encourage others to read this book in their spare time. I have no complaints about this book. But I mentioned the book dragged on for a little. I didn't have a problem with that, but some might.

I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It's a great book.If you need motivation in your life, this is the book for you. I definitely would recommend this book to college students or people going through obstacles in life. We should encourage teenagers to give this book a good read. This book could really help the mind development of the younger generations. May I add there were no grammatical errors present. There were no spelling errors either. I was even surprised to find no profanity throughout the text.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”