Review by writestuff -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
writestuff
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Review by writestuff -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by writestuff »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newberry is at first glance a story of a cyclist and getting through tough financial times. Then to my great delight it turned into a story so inspirational, that I wondered why this wasn't a film yet.

We start with the story of a remarkable young man who lands his first job with a newspaper. He works hard and goes on to find permanent employ at only thirteen-years-old. He decides to leave school at sixteen to chase his dreams. Soon he begins in the world of real estate. From being questioned for being to young to now betting absurd amounts of money on property, it takes your breath away. But then every fairy tale must have an evil.
This evil rears its ugly head as he loses it all suddenly. Using his love of cycling to cope, he notices that business and his sport have something in common. A "burn zone" as it is known is when you essentially hit a physical wall. Your body feels like lead and you can't breath. Your muscles ache and burn and all you want to do is quit. This is where you have two choices. You could give in to the pain and quit, or you can push past the pain and achieve your goal, maybe even win the race.

I appreciated the in-depth explanations offered on business tactics. It did however slow the story down a bit. The editing was well done and a pleasure to read. I liked the tone of the book and I felt a true positive feeling reading this. It made me feel I could achieve my goals and dreams.

I rate this book4 out of 4 stars .The editing is neat and professional. This is true inspiration at its best. It is a real mood and morale booster. It shows that you don't have to do people in to make it big. There are a few words or acronyms that needed research to understand but, its good to learn new things.

I recommend this read to those who look to go into business. Must say that almost anyone would enjoy this book. Maybe students who feel overwhelmed would find solace in this read. Life doesn't always work out but, you just cannot give in. Mr. Newberry is a fine example of fantastic work ethics and being an all-round good person. If you can be nice at the top and the bottom and create a safe and happy environment for others, then in my eyes you really are someone special.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: Called to Dragons Nest by Madison Hinko

Post by JKO »

This book teaches it's readers important lessons on perseverance. I look forward to reading it. This is a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”