Review by prowlingivy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
prowlingivy
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prowlingivy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by prowlingivy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by prowlingivy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all reach overstrain in life. For some, it is a life-threatening disease, a sudden job lay off or even a bitter divorce. At this point, we all get to decide whether to let the situation define us or grind our teeth and try once again. Newbery refers to these situations as burn zones. Newbery’s Burn Zones is about his battle lines, his struggle to find his definition of fulfillment. It didn’t matter to him what the society had planned for him, he was determined to chart his way all through to the end. Navigating social and personal relationships, he ends up with an impressive portfolio to show for his efforts. But is it enough? If not, what else does life have in store for this optimistic entrepreneur? Burn Zones is a story of rising and fall, which will keep you asking for more.

In a world in which we all struggle to find purpose, I think Jorge P Newbery found his. Throughout his life adventures, he strives to find the best outcome of a very bad situation. He excels at it so much it’s the source of his success. At his worst point, he refuses to give up. Instead, he comes up with an ingenious comeback. One in which he can help those who are in as bad a situation as he was as well as recreate his image to the success he always believes himself to be. I believe him to be a great man with a great mental attitude. He has a lot we can borrow and learn from. Something I believe to be the ultimate goal of any author, make an impact on his audience.

I loved this memoir. It was concise but at the same time full of depth. The author gives intimate details of his growing up. In the end, it is as though you have known him your whole life. He opens up enough in this narration to let us get to know him well enough to understand his reasoning. I found myself admiring the seven-year-old Jorge in his first job. I was immersed in the narration until the very last page. I must add, there was nothing I disliked in Burn Zones. It has inspired me to push further past my limits than I think possible. His writing is also full of compassion towards life and the entire life journey. From his narration, it’s evident that he is a man who respects life’s turbulence. He doesn’t let it knock him out.

From the introduction, the pace of the book is admirable. The grammar is simple and easy to understand for all levels of English readers. It is the ultimate book for both young and adult readers. The book also has an immense number of takeaways. This will go a long way in improving one's mindset and general outlook of life. It is also suitable for anyone who is looking for optimism as it has a happy ending.

I am giving it a 4 out of 4 stars. I consider the book well-edited and well narrated. It is also the type of book I would get my siblings. His message is the type we need right now. A message of undying hope while putting in the necessary work. It is an awesome book. The kind that keeps you thinking long after you are done.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”