Review by James Edwards -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
James Edwards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-edwards.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by James Edwards -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by James Edwards »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery was a motivating autobiography. Jorge compared his life to the burn zones of a bicycle race. A burn zone is the hardest part of bike race that takes all of a rider’s resilience to get through. A majority of riders fall behind in this part of the race. Once you get through the burn zone, you are rewarded with easier riding. Jorge was very driven from the time he was a young boy delivering newspapers and ice cream. He was rewarded for his hard work with money.

The money Jorge made was reinvested into his next business venture. Each venture was a success in large part to his diligence to succeed. Eventually he took over low income apartment housing and turned the individual apartments into a nice place to live. He even lived in an apartment so that he could be on hand to fix any problems. Jorge’s luck changed when an ice storm destroyed many apartments. He used the same approach that always worked in the past, including the use of his own personal funds, to fix the mess. A personal lesson was learned from that particular project. Not everyone’s word is as good as your own and sometimes properties are not savable.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I absolutely loved the book and feel that it is a good inspirational story for anyone. I admire the author for his hard work, perseverance and courage through any situation. He is a very admirable individual for overcoming adversity and never giving up.

I liked the analogy that the author used with burn zones. It is a very accurate assumption that individuals should be rewarded for hard work. The story was very relatable I honestly could not put the book down. It was a very captivating story and I found myself routing for Jorge throughout the entire story.

There wasn’t anything that I really disliked other than the fact that Woodland Hills wasn’t a success. I expected Jorge to rise up as the winner yet again, especially since he fought so hard for the community and exhausted every resource available to him.

I didn’t feel as if the book were professionally edited, yet there were no mistakes. The story read like a diary which is the main reason that I loved it. If it wasn’t so personal, I would not have felt as connected as I did to the writer. This book is appropriate for all readers and will definitely teach a lesson or two along the way.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”