Review by Bunny_jun -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bunny_jun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunny-jun.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Bunny_jun -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Bunny_jun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Let the life be beautiful like summer flowers”, the famous sentence from Tagore, was lingering in my head when I read the book. A good book tells a unforgettable story. Burn Zones has really inspired me. Yet it is not just a story. it is a spectacular rhythm created by a great man called Jorge P. Newbery.

It is a mirror story of author’s life. The hero showed great intelligence far beyond his peers when he was young——he set his sights on a specific target and every move he made was to be closer towards his goal. The young period of his life is just like the highway stretched out flat and straight ahead. From paperboy to record mogul, from Olympic racer to loan originator, from loan originator to real estate mogul, and then he met his biggest challenge and fell in the low point of his life. As he said, “hero to zero”. Along with it was continuous physical and mental problems. The stress and uncertainty of that period of not only wore down his teeth and gums, it wore him down. Although frustrating and struggling, he never truly give up. The light of heart never put out due to the heavy dark. Finally, he succeeded.

He always knew what he wanted. When he was so young, about 7 years old, he started working. When he was 16 years old, he dropped out of school, just because he clearly knew himself. He wanted more from reality not the school, at this point where he was far beyond his peers. It looks like he was born to be a great entrepreneur. I just knew read books all day and was blind to my future without any thoughts of what life was during my high school.

Looking at the whole life of the hero, I was impressed by his optimism and intelligence.
He was been hunting for challenges and always looking forward, quickly let the disappoints behind him. He always had a clear mind. Who knows how difficult it was! In prosperity we seem faithful to our goals, but in adversity these ambitions are weakening. Honestly, if it was me who was suffering the great apartment-loss, I would probably fall down and be immersed in such desperation forever. Oh! I can’t imagine that!

I was impressed by many words in the book, such as “Most importantly though, I proved that I could do what I set my mind to and learned real-life lessons that I would never have been exposed to in my final two years of high school or college”. I like the whole book, which is full of positive energy based on reality. So I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. For those who are suffering troubles in life or don’t know which way to go in future, It is absolutely worth reading!

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”