Review by Larkspur -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Larkspur
Currently Reading: Gideon: The Sound and The Glory
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larkspur.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Larkspur -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Larkspur »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are no problems, only challenges. This has been Jorgie's mantra from the age of seven. Determination and hard work are qualities he possessed from a very young age. This is a true story about how a seven-year-old became successful despite not having finished school. Below is a brief summary of the story.

In the book Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery, Jorge asks his parents for permission to drop out of school to pursue his business interests. With their approval, he buys an ice-cream cycle and starts distribution around his neighborhood. With time, the young boy develops an interest in music and starts his own label. He later on starts renting out equipment to bands for extra money. In his hustle, he meets someone who inclines him to real estate and without any experience, he gets a job and rises in ranks very easily. Jorge later opens up his own company with his former boss, but decides to venture into buying damaged properties and rebuilding them. He is successful until he buys Woodland Meadows that leaves him plunging into debt. I would advise you to read the book and find out how and what became of dear Jeorge.

What I liked most about this book, is how the writer took the time to include pictures in his story. These pictures are throughout the book from when he was aged seven to recent ones. While reading the book, I saw these pictures and believed that it was a true story. This gave me hope for my own business. The author portrays his ambition very well and we can see that too much of it may lead to destruction. I can be able to use this book as a guide in learning how to work hard for what I want and also know what to avoid. I also liked the storyline and how the author does not hide his failures.

Having said that, I did not dislike a lot while reading the book. It was a very smooth read and shows the different sides of life. I found the book to have been professionally edited and published and I did not struggle with any spelling mistakes.

I therefore give the book a rating of four out of four stars. This is because I found the book very entertaining and of a professional presentation. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up a business or build it. Parents can also give it to their children as a way of motivating them to see how far they can go. Generally, anyone who is business-oriented would love reading this book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”