Review by babemonkey95 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
babemonkey95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babemonkey95.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Review by babemonkey95 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by babemonkey95 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hand by Jorge P. Newbery is a true story about overcoming obstacles. After each obstacle, burn zones, he would pick himself back up. Jorge felt the need to prove he could excel at his latest endeavor. He learned through one adventure that if you tripped, you fix the trip hazard and move forward. Jorge would take a problem building and fix them so well that once overlooked rentals would receive more interest. Unfortunately, after an awful ice storm, he was forced to give up and start over. Due to that endeavor, he learned to walk more carefully through life, mainly toward business. He now knew that failure could lurk just around the corner. During recovering from the fiasco, he had to remind himself people were rooting for his success. Through the book, he learned valuable lessons that he learned through risks and mistakes. The best way to grow is to learn through our endeavors. It is what we take away from them that allows us to keep going forward.

My favorite part of this true story was how Jorge would continue to evolve. One vision was to help homeowners whose homes became worth much less than the mortgage. Another favorite, the buildings Jorge fixed up. He would immerse himself in the project, making it easier to repair. A third reason I liked this book was Jorge's character. He is an overall good man, family-oriented, and a great businessman.

My least favorite event was Jorge's downfall. The ice storm brought criticism, bad press, and debt. Jorge had worked hard for what he had, and just like that, gone. Through this disastrous setback, he learned lessons that he may not have had; he did not take risks. Without risks, there can be no rewards to be had.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. The autobiography exceptionally edited with no mistakes. I was able to engage my interest immensely, a rather refreshing read to find that even a successful business person can be humble. I felt that Jorge wrote his experiences beautifully, that his book gives hope to rising entrepreneurs.

This book would appeal to just about anyone, and an excellent read for people to see that with perseverance, you can get through any burn zone. Everyone has their very own burn zones in their lives, and in the end, there is an award for the hard work.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

thaservices1
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover

Post by thaservices1 »

Great review! I really enjoyed this book too. Newbery is an amazing author.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”