Review by Abigail Mora -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abigail Mora
Currently Reading: Seized
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-mora.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Abigail Mora -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Abigail Mora »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Stay relaxed, others around you are hurting just as much as you. Focus on enduring the pain until the pace slows. The effort will get easier soon.” This is what Jorge P. Newbery shares in his autobiography, Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands. In it, he shows himself as a sensible, determined, self-motivated and ambitious person who has always had it clear. From selling ice-creams and delivering the journal in his neighborhood to the real state business, he excelled in everything he threw himself into. Newbery really has a great personality. He is a person with integrity and values, that has always tried to help others and make this world a better one. It is always interesting to read a story of success, and it is that ‘hanging in there till the storm is over’ what success is about.

Reading this book is interesting in so many ways. It touches so many topics since Newbery has done a little bit of everything throughout his life. I would recommend it to people whose approach while reading is to get to know the author and appreciate the insights he shares while telling his own story.

I found inspiring and encouraging the way he embraces what others would consider problems. The way he addresses life, “the only way to give yourself a chance at massive gains is to expose yourself to massive potential losses”, is something extraordinary. It is admirable how he stays extra motivated at all times, being that instigation the only thing that would keep you afloat in a massive loss. One of the things I liked about the book was that the author included some pictures of every phase of his life, so it makes you feel cozy and warm, like a nice, long conversation with grandpa, full of wisdom and teachings. It does get a little technical when he speaks about every stage of his life. I found that a bit annoying since I am not familiar with the topics. But the story and the personality of Newbery himself definitely overweight those little disturbances. Other than that I completely loved the book. I even tried myself one of his strategies to stay positive and upbeat when things do not seem to go anywhere.

I definitely rate this autobiography four out of four stars. It is interesting, inspiring, easy to read, and it is well-edited.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I have been debating on reading this book ever since it popped up as a book to review. However, I am not normally a non-fiction fan when reading for pleasure. It sounds like there are elements that are more story-driven, however, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Abigail Mora
Currently Reading: Seized
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-mora.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Abigail Mora »

I would like to know your opinion about it ;) please contact me when you are done :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”