Review by Chaymae -- The Four Hats by Drake E. Taylor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chaymae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chaymae.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Chaymae -- The Four Hats by Drake E. Taylor

Post by Chaymae »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Four Hats" by Drake E. Taylor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The four hats of leadership: Be Who Your People Need You to Be by Drake E. Taylor is an extraordinary guide that provides a new perspective on leadership which stems from the author’s experience as a leader in the United States air force.

The book introduces us to the fact that leadership must not be a rigid form, therefore having only one steady leadership style will not help you in your leadership journey. You need to play different roles accordingly if you want to be an effective leader; the book symbolizes those roles as four hats: The Farmer's hat, The Military Drill Instructor's hat, The Psychologist's hat and Self-care hat.

There is a chapter dedicated to each one of those four hats where the author explains what this hat exactly is, how it functions and how leaders can implement (wear) it wisely while they are leading and dealing with their people and teams. The book is full of real life examples which makes it easier to grasp the ideas. There is also another chapter that contains a warning for all four hats to help leaders take the best possible decisions according to every situation.

The last chapter is called Leadership Library where the author shows us a form to give to the people we lead and ask them to fill it, and then read their answers carefully in order to understand them more and decide which hat to wear. I liked this idea so much because it makes the book more like a workshop to improve our leadership skills, and it contains also inspiring quotes for leaders. This chapter will help the readers get the most out of the book.

The book is well structured, eloquent and easy to read and to understand. The author has done a great job to make it understandable and inspiring to all readers regardless of their background and professions. This is exactly what makes me love the book even though I am not a leader yet.

The book is also professionally edited; I could barely find typos or grammar mistakes. And of course there is no profanity or erotic content. This book is a treasure and it’s crucial for every leader or anyone who wants to be a leader to read this book and apply everything mentioned by the author. I highly recommend it to everyone… I rate it four out of four stars.

The Four Hats
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”