Review by FABIAN_BATS -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FABIAN_BATS
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Review by FABIAN_BATS -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge Newbery is a very informative autobiography of the author from as early as Seven years of age. Burn Zone is a term developed from his bike rides and they refer to the challenging points during the bike rides that distinguish the best bikers from the rest. The term is later used during the book as a description of challenges in his life.

The story’s progression is quite fitting, not too fast and not too slow. A bit straight to the point I must add, a rare but important and sought after feature in many books today. The simplicity of the book makes it easy to read and take in the key points from each chapter. The images in the book add to the overall realistic tone of the book.

The atmosphere of the book is so real and natural; it is refreshing to read of such a time when people were not so violent and children were not so endangered. A peaceful and very happy childhood he had I must say, to have ambitious ideas and the people around him being supportive and finally achieving his goals. It was interesting reading about the author being business minded at such a young age.

His work experiences were interesting to read as he was only a child and did many funny and silly things. The author’s identification with the underdog and those looked down on by society makes his story more welcoming and inspiring. The main attributes of the author which I admired while reading the book are his determination and courage. No matter how ambitious the idea or how challenging it was, he went for it, even at a young age, asking his parents or employers for permissions to do certain grownup work, he was not afraid. That alone is a very valuable piece to take in and was a powerful re-occurrence throughout the book.

As the title is Burn Zones, the author Jorge Newbery went through a whole lot of them. He started out with small wins and such big dreams, he taught the sky was the limit. There was no holding back. I personally thought it was going to be a “Walk-in-the-park-life Biography”. I was happy for all his achievements and was impressed at what was accomplished by such a young man and I did not expect the downhill plummets his finances and life’s challenges were taking.

It was very inspiring how he picked himself back up from near bankruptcy and over abundant indebtedness. His approach to life and its challenges are worth learning from. I read the book rooting for the author’s success throughout. Only a good book would do that to you. Towards the end though, I sympathized with him when he went through a major loss. I related with his pains and felt for him.

I recommend this book to all especially those who feel they have lost their sense of purpose or who have forgotten the art of dreaming and feel like all is lost. This book will certainly provide the motivation required to get up from the dark place of self-loathing and depression to purposeful and positive minded living. I strongly suggest that even the first chapter at least be read by little ones to give their imagination more depth than mindless entertainment and other time wasters.

The professionally edited and proofread auto biography receives a 4 out of 4 stars rating from me. There were no errors and the chapters were always straight to the point. The book pulls you in completely, I have not read many autobiographies but I do have a right to say that this is the best I have read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fabian

nicebond0008
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nicebond0008 »

Interesting review, I cannot wait to read the book myself, as I may be able to take some hints for whenever I decide to write my own biography. Thanks fab!

Ebube Okafor

Post by Ebube Okafor »

This is an amazing review, makes me eager to read the book.
Thank you for this Fabian

FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

nicebond0008 wrote: ↑
27 Mar 2020, 13:12
Interesting review, I cannot wait to read the book myself, as I may be able to take some hints for whenever I decide to write my own biography. Thanks fab!
You are welcome. I am glad you liked it.
Fabian

FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Ebube Okafor wrote: ↑
27 Mar 2020, 13:29
This is an amazing review, makes me eager to read the book.
Thank you for this Fabian
You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the book
Fabian

FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Wonderful. I'm glad I helped.
Fabian

Tide401

Post by Tide401 »

Very interesting review I must say :wink:
I'll definitely be checking the book out

FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Tide401 wrote: ↑
30 Mar 2020, 08:40
Very interesting review I must say :wink:
I'll definitely be checking the book out
Thank you so much. I hope you like the book.
Fabian

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”