Review by Annietah1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annietah1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annietah1.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Annietah1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Annietah1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Optimistic Jorge always had this zeal to succeed from a tender age. He envisioned people's doubt of his capabilities as a motivation to move up the ladder of success. He got his first job as a paperboy delivering newspapers at a young age of seven, and this became a gateway to aiming higher and seeking out more challenging feats to achieving his dreams. In the quest of turning his dreams into reality, he went from being a paperboy to a record mogul, then pursuing his olympic dreams to a loan originator, and finally to being a real estate mogul. During this course, he experienced "burn zones" which he believed was to test the limits of his body and mind. As a real estate mogul with a net worth in tens of millions, Jorge believed he could subdue any kind of burn zones that would hit him, forgetting that there is a thin line between solvency and bankruptcy and unforseen circumstances could mar a palatable future.

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is an insightful autobiography with motivations, inspirations as well as loads of moral lessons for people of all ages ranging from the youngsters to adults.

The writer's explicit and funny style of writing is commendable. Some lines in the book are quite hilarious and I laughed out loud a couple of times. The photographs included in the book made it fun to read and it also gave it a grand visualization. Though I am not a fan of non-fictional books, I must say I was entangled in this book. Its fictional vibe overwhelmed me. The manner at which the writer accounted his ordeals from his childhood to adulthood, pointing out his weaknesses and strengths, successes and failures, setbacks and comebacks make it original.

The only flaw I pinpointed is: the writer wrote back and forth, meaning he didn't write chronologically. In this chapter/paragraph, he is stating what happened in 2014, the next chapter/paragraph he is stating what took place in 2006, thereby making the narrative a bit complicated and unfathomable.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because it was excellently edited, I didn't come across any errors. I categorise this book as an inspirational book making it suitable for everyone. There are lessons to be learnt from the beginning to the end of it. The fact Jorge's parents allowed him to dream and take decisions on his own without trying to conform him to their own standards, Jorge picking up his broken pieces and trying to build up a greater empire amongst many other lessons which you will get to know after reading this intriguing book.

This book is recommended for everyone: old, young, rich,poor, downcast individuals, pessimists, optimists etc. Also, the book would be most appealing to people who needs to build their confidence level, indecisive individuals as well as people seeking motivation. Real estate moguls would appreciate this book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”