Review by DEMAX-XXXIV -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEMAX-XXXIV
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demax-xxxiv.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Review by DEMAX-XXXIV -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by DEMAX-XXXIV »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands And The Upcoming Dept Cleanse: How To Settle Your Debts For Pennies On The Dollar(And Not Pay Some At All), is an autobiographical book written by Jorge P. Newbery. Just as a child, Jorge had an extraordinary desire to pursue challenges that many people his age would generally shy away from. He referred to these challenges as burn zones, which are basically short periods of shear effort that drew a margin between winners and losers in a race.

Jorge begun his first burn zone at just age 7 as a News Paper delivery boy, and then later transitioned into far more challenging burn zones as he owned a stage and his own music label at age 17. Being a loner, a person that didn't usually fit in, fueled his pursuit for more challenging burn zones as he considered it his play. In November 2002, Jorge acquired his biggest challenge ever. This burn zone presented itself in form of an apartment complex in Columbus, Ohio. Will Jorge overcome this burn zone like the rest he ever came across?

This book contains 10 chapters. After three decades had passed since Jorge's first job, he now was a real estate investor. He had managed to own collosal apartment complexes that had major issues and was able to turn those issues around. They included, Ford Hotel, Pick Wick Plaza and Woodland Meadows. Jorge P. Newbery, the author of this book had a subtle writing style. I really appreciated his writing style as it didn't have me picking up the dictionary often, kind of like a business presentation with clear ideas.

My favourite part of the book clearly was the way Jorge handled people. He believed that, when you give someone respect, they too will respect you regardless of their race, since racism was a thing that was rumpant back in the 1980s, especially against African Americans.

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands And The Upcoming Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Debts For Pennies On The Dollar(And Not Pay Some At All), undertook some professional editing as in my time with the book, I couldn't find a single error, be it grammatical or misspelled words. My only complaint being the length of the tittle of the book, as it literally is a paragraph on it's own.

Considering all above, I rate Burn Zones: playing Life's Bad Hands And The Upcoming Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Debts For Pennies On The Dollar (And Not Pay Some At All), a 4 out 4 stars. This book is perfect for enterpreneurs looking to expand their business know how and the general public, for the life lessons in it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”